Military Families

Bad dream

Fellow wives/mothers with deployed DHs, have you ever had a dream well more like nightmare about your DH while hes overseas. 

I had one about my marine and I can't go back to sleep. I just want to pick up my daughter and hold her so I can feel the love from her but I wont wake her up.

The dream involved my hubby getting killed on his way home (not that hes coming home anytime soon) but now I'm like shaking and crying. I woke up in tears. I'm so worried about him so much. If he doesnt get to call today I'm going to be even worse.

sorry I know I'm kind of all over the place right now but has anyone else had dreams like this and how did you get over them. 

lakens mommy Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bad dream

• One of H's coworkers died in a training accident over the summer. It very easily could have been him, he was on the schedule for that day, etc. For a few hours, I was very scared it was him. I had a lot of dreams after that. Now that he's gone, I have them once in a while, but my main coping is not to think of them. When your daughter's older, you'll soothe her by telling her it was just a dream, it's just her subconscious bringing her fears to her (and what spouse doesn't have those fears in the back of their mind?). You have to do the same for yourself. 

When I went through previous deployments when I was younger, I let myself get sucked in by my fears, by what could happen, etc. It did no one any good, least of all me. Soothe yourself just like you would your kid, and if that's not working, call Military One Source and get yourself someone to talk to. 

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"