Upstate NY Babies
Options

Insurance question

I have received all of my bills from when I had Audrey (I hope!).  According to my employee benefits handbook, my copay for delivery is $500, newborn nursery care is covered in full and prenatal/postpartum care is also covered in full.  My bill is for $1,345.  I obviously have questions about this.  Do I call my insurance company, my benefits advisor, or the hospital?
DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Insurance question

• Options
    I had an issue as well with the hospital billing.  I called the hospital first so that they knew that I was looking into it, instead of just paying it, I then called the insurance company.  The insurance company gave me a reference number that I then called the hospital with, so that they knew that it was being looked into.  It was billed wrong and the extra charges were taken off.  Hope that it is the same for you!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, call the hospital first.. I had a random bill from Natalie for something silly like $15 when i have $0 copay for all of the delivery.. By the time I called it had already been corrected.. Its probably something that insurance just hadn't paid yet or something didn't get adjusted right..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"