TTC after 35

A successful HSG

So, I had my HSG yesterday and it was a success.  Minimal cramping (I love Shady Grove!) except with the dye insertion.  My tubes and uterus are clean, unblocked and fabulous!

I finally got DH SA results out of the nurse though.  Not good news.  His total count was 15mil/ml with a motility of 30% and a morphology of 1.something.  Not at all good.  We can't afford IVF, which is where the RE wanted to go if the SA results are low. 

I guess the psychic (that seems to be able to see everything...HA!) was wrong and we won't have the one child she saw me getting pregnant with before January.  It's time to come to terms with the inevitable.  Thanks for letting me vent!  Off to work now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A successful HSG

• Congrats on the clear HSG.  Have you talked to a Shady Grove financial counselor about ways that you may be able to afford IVF?  They are great and might be able to help find something that will work for you.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have a follow up to talk options on the 12th.  They wanted to get all the tests back before we talked anything.

I am not getting my hopes up for anything.  Pretty much drained with it right now with everything going on in his family (cancer and stuff).   I am starting to feel like if it's not meant to be that we have children then it's not meant to be.  I just need to get over myself I guess.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Well that's great your HSG showed you are fine. I'm sorry about the SA. You still might be able to try IUIs. My husband's SA showed the same counts and motility as yours (not sure about morphology) and the lower tech RE at our clinic (the one who does IUIs) thought it was worth a couple of tries. (The IVF RE, of course, thought IVF was the only way to go.) I think their minimum for trying is 1 million motile sperm and you are likely to get 5x that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"