Parenting after 35

Yucky snotty nose

Yep, C's got it, thanks to his uncle who was sick with a cold/pneumonia while visiting over the weekend.

Anyone got any good remedies?  I do not like having to get up 5 times in the night to soothe a cranky child.

And should I hit up the pedi already?  Seems like it's just an upper resp. illness so far. 

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Yucky snotty nose

• If it's a virus, there's not much the pedi can do. Lots and lots of fluids, rest, and a humidifier. We've been battling the same thing here for about a week. No fun!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Maybe take him into a steamy shower (or at least in the steamy bathroom) to help loosen things up a bit before bed, then get him to blow his nose a bunch. Or use the dread aspirator if needed.

Could you prop the head end of his mattress up a bit to help encourage draining overnight?

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Loading the player...
  • saline spray and baby vick's vapor on feet at night
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boo! I'm sorry.

If it's just a cold then my advice is to crank up the humidifier, get some Boogie Wipes make sure he stays hydrated. If it looks like pneumonia, God forbid, then I'd see the pedi for sure.

• Poor Charles!   Hope he's feeling better soon!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Yep, C's got it, thanks to his uncle who was sick with a cold/pneumonia while visiting over the weekend.

Anyone got any good remedies?  I do not like having to get up 5 times in the night to soothe a cranky child.

And should I hit up the pedi already?  Seems like it's just an upper resp. illness so far. 

TIA

If it is just snotty nose, then humtifier, saline, baby vicks, hot showers and lots of fluid.  If it gets into the lungs, then get to the doctor.  Speaking from experience, hospital stays with baby's with pneumonia is not fun.  Watch his chest and if it seems like he is laboring to breath (chest going in and out fairly hard) get him to the ER or his pedi. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"