TTC after 35
Options

So, just because it's driving me nuts, I messed with my chart a bit...

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/330218

If I change the temp on CD21 to 97.3 instead of 97.1, it gives me dotted crosshairs and says I o'd on CD19, which I'm pretty sure is correct.  However, if I leave CD21 as 97.1, which btw, is the same temp as the next day, it takes them away.  I just don't get their "math" - I don't understand how the 2nd and 3rd day above the coverline can be the same temp but mean no CHs.  It's all so frustrating. 

I just had to vent.

Missing our little turkey.
Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: So, just because it's driving me nuts, I messed with my chart a bit...

• Options

I know, I still think you likely O'd. 

Maybe try disregarding your CD13 high temp?

• Options

Oh, I did!  I tried that yesterday.  I even went so far as to disregard that one plus all of the AF temps since they don't matter anyway.  I think FF just wants to mess with my mind.  lol

I'm convinved I o'd. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to admit that this being my first month trying BBT, I have also played with what it would do for different things.. I tried going all out... but my CM "observations, and a few wierd temps(was high for a couple days, then dropped back down) over the holiday weekend made it tell me I O'd on CD10, then it decided I O'd on CD 11 (but I had a - opk on the 10th...), and the crosshairs kept going back and forth from solid to dotted... I took away the CM Observations after re-reading the lesson for than because I realized I didn't  do it the "right way", and it completely removed the crosshairs...then I started checking my CM properly... now it says I should O soon...
  • Options
    I wish I had some good advice for you!  I look at my chart every day and I get more and more confused... I never want to become an expert on charting but I hope to have a better understanding of what I am doing wrong soon.. :)  Good luck!
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options

Vent all you want. It can take a couple of cycles for you to see patterns. Why do you think you ovulated on CD19? Did you have EWCM or a positive OPK the day before? If you put either of those in, it might help to confirm O.

From last month, it looks like your post-o temps were in the 97.4+ range.  If your sleeping conditions are the same, those are the temps you are looking for. You may have o'd on CD22. Try putting in a few more high temps for Wed and Thurs and see what happens!

• Options
    imageannalisel:

Vent all you want. It can take a couple of cycles for you to see patterns. Why do you think you ovulated on CD19? Did you have EWCM or a positive OPK the day before? If you put either of those in, it might help to confirm O.

From last month, it looks like your post-o temps were in the 97.4+ range.  If your sleeping conditions are the same, those are the temps you are looking for. You may have o'd on CD22. Try putting in a few more high temps for Wed and Thurs and see what happens!

I've been charting since July.  And with every month, I've had that temp dip when I o'd.  I also think I o'd earlier than FF thinks I did last month. 

And WRT sleeping conditions, it's colder here in Oklahoma now, so of course the heater is on more, but it's also more chilly, so I'm sure that effects it in some ways.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageTishaPayne:
    imageannalisel:

I've been charting since July.  And with every month, I've had that temp dip when I o'd.  I also think I o'd earlier than FF thinks I did last month. 

Curious. In your case then, where your temp shift is subtle and FF doesn't place high value on a temp dip like that, there's a good chance you'll never get satisfaction from FF.

When I think FF is wrong, I use the tuning override and put in my own ovulation day and cover line so that I don't get annoyed looking at every day.

• Options

You ovulated on the 19th.  Your charts look a lot like mine.  I remember reading in Taking Charge of Your Fertility that a big temp dip like that means you ovulated on that day.  Mine always look just like that and then CM dries up the next day to confirm it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"