Cloth Diapering

anyone use pre folds and wool covers on infant?

I would like to do this for night time as I'm gonna try gdiapers for daytime.

How many prefolds did you need and what kind?

How many wool covers and what kind?

Overall just wanna hear about your your wooldiaper sucess stories.

Thanks Ladies Big Smile

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

Re: anyone use pre folds and wool covers on infant?

• Please see the FAQs

DD regularly wears fitteds and wool as a toddler, and used them as a large-ish infant. Are you talking newborns?

• yes I was thinking newborn. I guess my question is... Is it a good option for newborns? I know it will work great for heavy wetters as they get bigger, but I was just looking for advice on newborn use.

Also I have been reading and reading about prefolds and was just wondering what type of material people had the most success with ie. hemp hemp/cotton blend or just cotton.

Thanks again

I love the FAQ you did a wonderful job putting it together Dr.L and I'm sorry if I'm just asking the same question twice.

2004- DX with PCOS

• Loading the player...
  • The only problem I ran into during the NB stage was that they poop all the time.  The prefold wasn't the best at holding in the poop (maybe it was user error on my part), so then there would be poop on the wool.  Since wool is harder to wash, this was kind of a pain for me.  However, when I use fitteds, the poop problem isn't an issue.  I have 3 wool covers that I rotate.
  • imagemarlynandchris:
    The only problem I ran into during the NB stage was that they poop all the time.  The prefold wasn't the best at holding in the poop (maybe it was user error on my part), so then there would be poop on the wool.  Since wool is harder to wash, this was kind of a pain for me.  However, when I use fitteds, the poop problem isn't an issue.  I have 3 wool covers that I rotate.

Oh great point thanks Big Smile

2004- DX with PCOS

• imageJennPierog:

imagemarlynandchris:
    The only problem I ran into during the NB stage was that they poop all the time.  The prefold wasn't the best at holding in the poop (maybe it was user error on my part), so then there would be poop on the wool.  Since wool is harder to wash, this was kind of a pain for me.  However, when I use fitteds, the poop problem isn't an issue.  I have 3 wool covers that I rotate.

Oh great point thanks Big Smile

I agree...wool + prefolds+ NB runny poo=washing your wool all the time.

You could use fleece in place of wool and wash them with your diapers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out this Bumpie Business List .

• I'm using prefolds right now and my choice cover is wool.  I have 2 covers that I bounce between and have had to wash one of the covers about 1.5 weeks because poo got on the cover, I do a angel fold  fold on my son and works for the most part (like I said maybe 1 diaper change out of a 1.5 weeks worth of diaper changes leaked poo)  I  have just Sbish covers and wish I had something with longer legs, shorties would probably be perfect because longies are typically too long but longies are more available
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"