Nurseries and Baby Gear

Graco Snugride 30 - second car seat base?

DH and I got the Graco Snugride 30 as part of a travel system, but want a second base for our other car. After looking on BRU, Amazon, and even Graco's website itself, we're terribly confused. Amazon said that the Graco 35 base was compatible with the 30, but BRU and Graco said nothing about it.

Which base can/should we use? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Graco Snugride 30 - second car seat base?

• Graco has this chart on their website.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Get the Snugride 32/35 base.  It is also much easier to install this base than the base that came with your car seat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • We just went through this.  The Snugride 35 base is supposed to be compatible with the 30, 32 and 35, so we bought it (we had the 30 in a travel system too).  When we took it to the sheriff's department to have it inspected- the seat wouldn't lock in at first and then, once it did, we couldn't get it out.  It seems to be something with the tightening belt on the seat and the seatbelt locking mechanism on the 35 base that's not on the 30 base. 

I got feedback from others that had no issue with this, but seeing how tough it was to get the car seat in at first and then seeing my husband and the sheriff fight the carseat for 10 minutes to get it off of the base was enough for me not to feel safe with it.  You can belt the seat in directly to the second car as an option.  We ended up finding another sungride 30 carseat with base that was on sale and with coupons only cost us about $30 more than what we paid for the extra 35 base- so the piece of mind was worth it to me and now we have an extra car seat for whenever we may need it.  Good luck with whatever you choose!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• The Snugride 35 base is compatible.

Here is the link to sunflwr's post on the same subject: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/60563519.aspx

imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"