Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

When will this end already?

I feel like I'm on some horrible roller coaster I can't get off. On November 7 our dreams were shattered when we went in for our first ultrasound and found out our baby had no heartbeat. I waited one week to miscarry, and then decided to get a D&C to just get it over with. It's been two weeks since my D&C and the bleeding is getting heavier, not lighter. Called the doctor's office and the nurse practitioner said it sounds like they may not have gotten everything with the D&C and that some lingering "tissue" (don't you love how nonchalantly they throw around those terms?) is causing me to continue to bleed. If it doesn't get any better on its own they want to prescribe me some meds to help me pass everything. UGH. The whole reason I got the D&C is because I didn't want to take the meds and I wanted to get the process over with. I know people who have had natural M/Cs who have had a more speedy process than I'm having. It's been 2 whole weeks since my D&C, 3 weeks since we found out our baby died, and 4 weeks since he/she died. I am ready to just be DONE already, and this drawn out process feels like it's keeping me from moving on.

I don't really have a point to this post. I'm just frustrated and angry and sad all at the same time.

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.

Re: When will this end already?

• Options
    I'm so sorry.   With a missed m/c, the day you find out is just the beginning.   I just learned about my second missed m/c today and I hate that this is not going to be over for weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1st M/C: BO Discovered on 6/23/11 2nd M/C: Missed M/C at 7w3d, discovered on 11/28/11
  • Options
    I am very sorry. Nothing about this road is easy or pleasant and it seems to be one thing after another. Ugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so so sorry.  I was on the June board with you and our dates are similar.  We found out our baby died on November 8th, and a week later I was still waiting for something to happen.  I really considered the D&C for the same reason you did - but somehow my body kicked it into gear and I naturally m/c between 11/15 and 11/18.

Every time I see an update from you my heart aches that you are still going through the physical torture of this process.  I really hope this is all over for you soon.  I am so so sorry again.  ::hug::

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"