Nurseries and Baby Gear

Crib Mattresses

I am a first time mom and am 30 weeks pregnant now. I am just wondering if anyone can suggest what kind of crib mattress is best to buy? I am finding it difficult to pick one since there are soo many to choose from. Any help & suggestions are appreciated! Thank you

Re: Crib Mattresses

• For some reason this one stressed me out beyond belief.

I found a list of the top 5 crib mattresses. We went with one in there. It's a Sealy Soybean Foam mattress. No complaints...it seems to be firm enough for standards and light enough to change sheets, etc.

I got it for $90---no tax, free shipping when it was on sale at Amazon.

Here's the link...it gets pretty good reviews to read more about it!

https://www.amazon.com/Sealy-Soybean-Foam-Core-Crib-Mattress/dp/B001N4LE5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322545895&sr=8-1

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would recommend getting a basic foam mattress.  They're much lighter which makes bedding changes easier.  You don't have to get a really expensive one, your baby won't know the difference and a firm surface is best for newborns anyway.  We have the Colgate Classica I and it's worked well for us.  It's firm, fairly affordable, and fits the crib well.  You can get it from AlbeeBaby for about $125 with the 15% discount they always run.

ETA: They have 20% off right now for Cyber Monday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Loading the player...
  • ditto the colgate classica I, it's a great mattress.
    Anniversary

• imageHappily Overwhelmed:

For some reason this one stressed me out beyond belief.

I found a list of the top 5 crib mattresses. We went with one in there. It's a Sealy Soybean Foam mattress. No complaints...it seems to be firm enough for standards and light enough to change sheets, etc.

I got it for $90---no tax, free shipping when it was on sale at Amazon.

Here's the link...it gets pretty good reviews to read more about it!

https://www.amazon.com/Sealy-Soybean-Foam-Core-Crib-Mattress/dp/B001N4LE5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322545895&sr=8-1

We have this one.  DD has been sleeping on it for over 17 months and it's still super-duper firm.  I've had no complaints.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• I also went with foam, and Baby Bargains strongly recommends foam mattresses as well.

I liked the idea of going as natural as possible, so we bought the Colgate Eco Classica - the foam is made from plant oils instead of petroleum. 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Another vote for the Sealy Soybean Foam Core.

• I'm also going with the Sealy Soybean Foam Core, waiting for it to go on sale again (tracking it via CamelCamcelCamel.com) or get it at the shower.
  • imageAshley&Scott:
    Another vote for the Sealy Soybean Foam Core.

Ditto!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"