Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Too big for the PnP...what to do?

We are traveling to a relative's house over the holidays and I have no idea what to do about DS's sleeping situation. He is just too tall and too big to fit in the PnP anymore at 24 mos. I am at a loss...I know if we bring him in bed with us he will never sleep since he is used to having his own space. (We've never slept with him and he just wants to play if he's in our bed.) Any suggestions?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Too big for the PnP...what to do?

• Options
    We got a Regalo My Cot - and then just put her regular nap roll from daycare on it.  She loves it and totally associates it w/ sleep already.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we went to a childs cot too.  it works great for us.  of course DS is already in a toddler bed...don't know if your LO is out of the crib yet.  but should work well:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sleeping bag?
    image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
  • Options
    We got the toddler aerobed which has sides that are higher so she can't roll out.  She's slept on it twice and has done great both times!!  
  • Options
    imagemelisa7901:
    We got the toddler aerobed which has sides that are higher so she can't roll out.  She's slept on it twice and has done great both times!!  
    We got the toddler aerobed, and I didn't think it was all that great. We've used it for a week at a time, 2 or 3 times. My son has rolled out of it (he sleeps in a twin bed with rails at home), and he seems to toss and turn a lot in it. I wonder if he would be better off on a foam camping mat or something.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think the sleeping bag is a great idea. It's something he could pick out in hopes of getting excited about it and use later down the road too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKathrynMD:
    We got a Regalo My Cot - and then just put her regular nap roll from daycare on it.  She loves it and totally associates it w/ sleep already.

Ditto this -- the kids would fight over who got to sleep in the cot when we travelled.  Both slept really great in it.  Wal-Mart carries it for about $25. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

DD used to sleep on her nap mat from daycare at my parents but now she sleeps on the couch (with the back cushions off and laid on the ground in case she falls).

At hotels, we've been having her sleep on the pull out couch.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"