Food Allergy
Options

Leaving eczema alone

I've always heard that with eczema, you nee to constantly moisturize. I think LO has eczema on her face (as does her pedi), and it's been constant, red, dry, bumpy, irritated, etc. (Never itchy, though)

No matter what we used, nothing helped, and quite often just irritated it more.

Now we've just stopped doing anything at all. Not even vaseline or lotion or anything. It's not gone, and it's definitely dry, which I feel bad about. But it's not flaring up nearly as much as it was before.

For those in the know, does it seem OK to just ignore it like we've been doing lately?

Re: Leaving eczema alone

• Options
    It it bothering her?  If it's not bothering her I think you're fine.  My youngest has some spots on his back right now but it's not bothering him at all so I'm trying not to stress over it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just make sure with winter coming that it doesn't get really dry....because then the cheeks can crack....have you tried vanicream?  DS has horrible eczema and we tried everything with no relief.  I have stopped using the steriod creams prescribed and now only use vanicream.  It makes his skin so soft and has literally nothing in it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm guessing your Dr was telling you to go heavy with the Aquafor?

Yeah, that stuff does NOTHING for eczema and in fact keeps any moisture from getting into the skin.

I second the vanicream recommendation and we use Cerave with extreme success (my son suffered from head to toe eczema due to an undiagnosed dairy allergy - it would ooze on his face - so sad!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"