Single Parents

Court hearing tomorrow

My DS's father and I have a court hearing tomorrow morning and I am feeling uneasy. We had mediation almost two weeks ago and have a temporary visitation order. He gets to have visitstion every Tuesday and Thursday evening for two hours and Saturday and Sunday mornings for two hours. Right now the visitations are supervised and I have also been attending. Starting Tuesday I won't be allowed to attend anymore and it is killing me. The hearing tomorrow will decide if my ex still needs supervised visits ( my ex's mom is supervising) and to see if he will be granted more visitation. I am breastfeeding and will have to supply breast milk for the visits. I just wonder what the chances are of the visitation increasing or not being supervised. I've given my attorney copies of his harassing emails and threats to my family and friends. I've also given her a copy of an email where he admitted to injuring me. Every time I think about my 6 week old baby with him and away from me I almost break down. I am also returning back to work this week and I am dreading that as well. I have so many friends, including my sister, who are married and are stay at home mom's and I can't help but feel jealous. I could care less about being in a relationship, but I constantly think about being away from my DS while I'm at work and then being away from him while he is visiting the ex and it makes me incredibly sad. I know I have to work to provide for him and I know the ex is going to get visitation so I need to put my big girl pants on and face what is inevitable...it's just so hard. I really hope the visitations will still be supervised and I hope he doesn't get more time with him. The visitations thus far have not been great and I am really worried.
BabyName Ticker

Re: Court hearing tomorrow

• So, the court hearing didn't go how I wanted it to today. My DS's dad gets visitation every Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours, and every Saturday and Sunday for 4 hours. This is 4 extra hours a week! They also want to start doing overnight visits in February when he is 4 months old. He is a breastfed baby and will only be 4 months old!! I didn't think he would get overnights until he was at least a year old. I don't want him to have formula so I guess I just have to bite the bullet and pump every chance I get. I am going to fall apart on Christmas when he is gone for the majority of the day. None of his visits will be supervised either. I am so frustrated and sad right now.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I am shocked that the judge thinks that 4 months is an appropriate age. It shocks me even more that they are doing this when my ex has a physically abusive past! I wish there was something I can do. It makes me sick to know that complete strangers can determine how my child will live.
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"