September 2011 Moms

Christmas Tree - real or fake?

if you celebrate Christmas, do you get a real or a fake tree?

We are getting a real tree this year but most of my life I always had a fake one - my very first Christmas when I was 8 months old I broke out in hives after my parents put me under the real tree to take pics. I sure hope this doesn't happen to DS for my husbands sake, or we are having fake trees from here on out! He wants a real one so bad 

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas Tree - real or fake?

• Growing up we had real trees, then one year, when I was 10 my mom bought a fake one, and we had a fake one until I moved out at 20, and from then on I always bought a real one.

This year we will buy a real one, but I keep hearing on the news that trees will be expensive bc of the drought here in Texas, not so sure how trees and Texas go together, but we will see once we start looking for our tree.

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagevnstacie:

Growing up we had real trees, then one year, when I was 10 my mom bought a fake one, and we had a fake one until I moved out at 20, and from then on I always bought a real one.

This year we will buy a real one, but I keep hearing on the news that trees will be expensive bc of the drought here in Texas, not so sure how trees and Texas go together, but we will see once we start looking for our tree.

This exactly for me too.  I was sad when we got the fake tree.  We have a fake one now b/c MIL bought it for us a few years ago (w/o asking first if we even wanted it).  I want to get a real one this year, but not sure if we will.  Once you have the fake one it's so easy because when you're ready to deocorate for Christmas, it's right there ready for you.  But I remember picking out the tree as a kid and that was fun too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Real! Growing up I also had fake trees but every since I got married, DH and I have gotten real trees and I am loving it...(except for the darn cleanup from the needles)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGdAsAu:

Real! Growing up I also had fake trees but every since I got married, DH and I have gotten real trees and I am loving it...(except for the darn cleanup from the needles)

I Forgot about that part..

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I grew up with real.. and desperately wanted to have a real one with dh as well.... he thinks its crazy to have a real tree! and unfortunately won that debate.

...I think i'll buy an evergreen scented candle this year Devil

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I grew up with a fake tree because my cousin was allergic to real ones. DH grew up with real trees and REFUSES to deviate from that, so real it is, whether I like it or not. Which I do like it, but I hate putting out the money and the clean up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I grew up with a fake tree too. Yesterday we bought our first family tree and it was real!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageT&HLove:

I grew up with real.. and desperately wanted to have a real one with dh as well.... he thinks its crazy to have a real tree! and unfortunately won that debate.

THIS!

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just got home with a real tree... It smells so good!!! We also do a fake in the front foyer.
  • Growing up we had a fake one at mom's house and real at dad's.

We got a real one 2 years ago and I hated it. We got a fake one last year and will be using it again. DH likes the real ones, but he's not the one that has to vacuum everyday. He's over it and I'm glad. I'm all about the fake trees with an evergreen candle lit.

• imagevnstacie:
    imageT&HLove:

I grew up with real.. and desperately wanted to have a real one with dh as well.... he thinks its crazy to have a real tree! and unfortunately won that debate.

THIS!

omg those are awesome

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I grew up with fake trees, DH grew up with real.  He was very attached to having a real tree and I didn't really care either way.  We've had a real tree each year for the last 5 yrs and I think the scent and the fun experience of picking it out each year is worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had no idea clean up was a pain! I didn't even think about it! ugh.... at least DH likes our vacuum but I'm the one home all of December!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are both real tree kind of people, but because we live away from family we tend to be away for at least part of December every year ... meaning we don't get a tree.

I really want my kids to have memories of a tree, so we may end up having to go fake.

• Fake. I love the smell of real trees but I don't want to clean up the needles or fear that my dogs will pee on it. Plus, the fake tree is reusable. No need to find a new tree every year and haul it back home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"