Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How long did it take for you?

Just found out I'm going to miscarry.  I would've been six weeks today.  Betas dropped from 868 to 50-something in four days, and I'm just wondering how long it might take until this is over and we can start fertility treatment again.

I haven't been bleeding much at all, just spotting on and off, I'm expecting it anytime now.  I'm trying to tell myself it will be just a really heavy period.  Should I ask for pain meds?

TIA for sharing, and for any advice you have for me.  I'm sorry any of us have to be here. 

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

Re: How long did it take for you?

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a different experience than you where my hcg stayed high but the baby stopped growing, so I can't tell you what to expect. I hope you find some comfort and support in this board. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Mine was high all the time when I have my m/c, but I was spotting for about a week then I started bleeding and cramping really bad. My ER doctor told me they would definitely prescribed you pain meds. I told them I didnt want one and I was wrong (I wished I had but I dont want any chemicals in my body). They put me in pain medication the whole time I was in ER, injected to me through my IV, I had so much blood gushing out of me.

I would say just keep your chin up, it will be over and I'm so sorry you have to be in this board as well as I am Sad

Anniversary BFP 11/04/11 M/C 11/26/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry you're going through this. I wish you the best and hope this goes quickly for you so you can move on and try again.

Here's my story... it doesn't sound like yours... but I suppose everything can change in an instant... and it's better to have many different scenarios so you're a bit more prepared for what's coming.

It all happened very quickly for me. Friday afternoon I had a tiny bit of brown spotting, which turned into a tiny bit of pink spotting with light cramps later that day.

I woke up Saturday morning to some red spotting with cramps. The bleeding became more regular and the cramps were pretty strong. That was when I decided to go to the ER.

The bleeding was pretty bad at the hospital and the cramps were strong, with waves of even stronger cramps every 10 minutes or so. I guess this was my body getting rid of my baby.

I left the hospital 6 hours later and when I returned home, I saw my little one or what remained of him/her when I used the bathroom. The cramps got lighter, and the bleeding by the next morning slowed to a very light period which still continues today.

I didn't need any pain meds to get through this, and I was 6 weeks 4 days. I do however, have endometriosis... so I'm am very use to very painful cramps during regular periods.

I just saw my Dr. today, 2 days past my m/c, and he was confident that we can start our next clomid cycle in 3 weeks (if we're ready) Or he said right after Christmas would be more ideal.

- Maybe 2012 will bring us all good, fertile, luck!

TTC #1 Since May 2011. Clomid Cycle: 50mg days 5-9. No Ovulation. Progesterone less than 1. Clomid Cycle: 100mg days 5-9. No Ovulation. Progesterone less than 1. Clomid Cycle: 150mg days 4-8. Poor Ovulation. Progesterone at 6. Clomid Cycle: 150mg days 5-9. Ovulation and conception. Pregnancy confirmed 11/4/11 at 3 weeks 3 days. Pregnancy Loss 11/26/11 at 6 weeks 4 days. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I spotted first on Thursday... then very light and random spotting the rest of Friday and Saturday early morning. I started bleeding on Saturday mid-morning, went to the ER fairly quickly after. After waiting an hour or two, they gave me a pelvic exam, and the Dr. confirmed it (obviously). He also mentioned finding part of the sac as he was swabbing. So fortunately for me, I'm pretty sure he got the worst of it. I still passed some tissue thereafter, but today is the first day where it's not HORRIBLE. They gave me vicodin, but I didn't really need it today. It definitely helped Saturday and Sunday, though... so if they offer, I'd recommend taking it. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll be okay with tylenol or ibuprofen. Im no druggie, but it was just nice to be a little more numb via hydrocodone, both physically and emotionally.

Sorry for TMI. That was just my experience thus far. I'm grateful it's not worse, and seems to be getting lighter and hopefully coming to an end. I only share this because it was so vague when the dr's were explaining. Of course it all depends on how far along you were, and how your body is (I was only about 6 weeks, and my periods are fairly mild). But when doctor's are giving you a window from a week to a couple months... it seems far more daunting.

Good luck. I hope the physical side of it is somewhat mild for you, and there aren't any further complications. Hugs to you <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I am in your shoes as well today! I am having my second miscarriage in a row! I have been doing fertility meds (Femara) since last January and finally got pregnant in May on the first cycle that I actually had a pos. ovulation. I was 11 1/2 weeks when I miscarried the end of July! This was a very painful situation and actually had contractions and ended up in the hospital because of the loss of blood that I had I was gushing!! Sorry if TMI but I think any care of verbal modesty goes out the window when you begin Fertility treatments, you become used to explain all aspects of the female journey!  anyway the 800 mg Ibprofen is what they perscribed and that really helped with the cramping! I waited two months and we started another round of femara in October, which was my first cycle since the miscarriage, and became pregnant again only to begin spotting yesterday! I havent had anywhere near the pain this time that I had the last...I think because I'm not as far along! Hope this helps! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It took me 16 days to m/c.  I had very heavy bleeding and cramping more then a "heavy period"

My OB said we were okay to TTC when we were ready.  We had a sonogram that confirmed every thing passed so no more blood work was needed for me. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"