Northern California Babies
Options

Teething ~ Any tips?

Addie seems really young for this, but she is drooling like crazy, shoving her hands in her mouth constantly, and likes her gums rubbed...so, getting ready to teeth? 

Today I was told to get an Amber necklace for A to wear around her neck. The person swore by it...but, my husband things I'm crazy for considering it.

What did you find helpful during this stage? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teething ~ Any tips?

• Options
    We've got the same thing going on here...the amount of drool is u real and she chews on everything. Though there aren't any bumps on her gums and she doesn't appear to be in much pain. I know a few gals on here have the amber necklaces and swear. Y them, but I worry about a choking hazard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hear the Amber necklaces are great. i have not tried them though. I do like taking a wet (not soaking) washcloth and sticking it in the freezer for a while...then let the baby chew on it. It gives them the roughness they like on the gums and the cold numbs the area without having to use Orajel.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ooh, good luck!  I'm hoping to use the amber necklaces as I've heard good things about them.  :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

J had his first 2 bottom teeth cut around 3.5 months, so it's definitely not too early.  He had all 8 front teeth by about 5-6 months.  When he was that little the frozen washcloth was a favorite and these teething bonbons that I got from Babysteals.  You dip the ends in water and freeze but the middle part stays normal so it doesn't freeze their little fingers and you can thrown them in the washing machine!

https://www.amazon.com/Dress-Me-Organic-Teething-Bonbon/dp/B0047IMPCW

Once he got to 6 months Motrin was a LIFESAVER!  Seriously...forget the Tylenol...go for the Motrin especially for teething. 

• Options

We use a teething necklace from Inspired by Finn. It was awesome for her first 8 teeth. Didn't even know they were coming in until they were already there. Once the molars started coming in it didn't help as much, so we also used Motrin at night. 

You can also wrap it around an ankle if you're not comfy with it on the neck. 

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    imageKellyMRocks:

We use a teething necklace from Inspired by Finn. It was awesome for her first 8 teeth. Didn't even know they were coming in until they were already there. Once the molars started coming in it didn't help as much, so we also used Motrin at night. 

You can also wrap it around an ankle if you're not comfy with it on the neck. 

Huh! I'm def not ok with a necklace, but an anklet I would consider... although w/ my luck S2 would probably just chew it off his foot :-/

• Options

We have an amber necklace - and the one time I forgot to put it on him, absolutely nothing worked to ease his pain. 

When it's bad he gets (in addition to wearing the necklace) biorin camilia teething drops, and ibuprofen at night.

• Options

Thanks, Everyone! I'm excited to try the amber necklace, with so many recommendations. She doesn't seem to be in any pain now, but I want to be ready when she is. :)

@Mary, I'm definitely getting one of those teething bonbon's - thanks for the link! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"