Preemies
Options

Would love to join you all!

My little peanut, Matthew was born at 33w4d on 11/22 at 9:22 pm and weighs 4 lbs 14oz and is 18 in.  It was a med-free vaginal delivery that went extremely well!  He is currently in the NICU and breathing on his own. They put in a PIC (sp?) line in Wed and took the other IV out of his other arm.  He is eating very well and taking the little amount of breast milk I am able to give him.  His billi levels were a bit high so they put him under the lights Friday and were able to take him off them this morning as his levels were down to an 8. They have been dropping his IV fluids and upping his formula/breastmilk the past few days. I am taking each day at a time and am so grateful for our little miracle and how well is doing! I have been going to the hospital 2X a day to feed him and am loving the time DH and I get holding him.  He has a scheduled routine sonogram tomorrow of his head and hope he continues to eat as we as he has been doing the past few days.

I am happy to join you all and would appreciate any words of advice :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Would love to join you all!

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start! Hope the NICU stay remains uneventful. Check my siggy for some useful/helpful links and I look forward to getting to know you and LO - post a pic when you can :)
  • Options

Congrats and welcome! My 36 weeker spent time in the NICU with jaundice and her levels were much higher than yours (so I'm glad they caught it with your LO earlier!)

Hang in there! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your LO!  Glad to hear he is doing well.  Welcome to the board.  I was able to start BFing my twins at about 34/35 weeks and loved it.  I have been able to continue successfully BFing both of them.  Just keep up the pumping!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the preemie board. My DD was born at 33w 4d and was 4lbs 10.5 oz and 18.5 inches long. She spent 12 days in the NICU basically for feeding and bili issues. Praying for a short and uneventful NICU stay for Matthew.

• Options
    Congrats!  Glad to have you and look forward to more updates.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!! Hoping Mathew stays healthy and gets home quickly!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"