Two Under 2

BFP

So I posted on the 1st trimester board and also on the 3-6 month board. A lady on one of the boards suggested I post here. I actually never new that this board existed, so I am super excited. Here is the post. 

Ok, so as you can see from my ticker below I just had a baby girl 3 1/2 months ago. Well this morning I took a test a got a BFP. I am so excited and we always wanted a big family, but I'm really really nervous. I hear that miscarriage chances are really high if you get pregnant too quickly after having a baby. Is this a myth?

Any of you other moms have babies this close together? How is it caring for a still very small baby while pregnant for another. Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: BFP

• Welcome and congrats!

Mine arent that close, but similar (I was 4.5 months PP when I got my BFP).  It's manageable caring for kids close together. I think it was easier in ways, since you arent chasing a mobile child during pregnancy. I got to rest a lot since I had a baby napping 3-4 times a day. He cut down to 2 naps during the last month, but I still got to lie down without caring for a child for 3+ hours a day throughout the entire pregnancy.

I dont think your miscarriage risk is "very high". Miscarriages occur when you're carrying an embryo that isnt viable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks a bunch! I was extremely tired over the weekend and napped with my LO every time she napped. Now I know why I was tired. LOL! I was really really sick (24 hours sickness) for the first 14 weeks of my 1st pregnancy. I really hope I don't have that to deal with while caring for an infant. I wish I could nap my entire pregnancy, but I work about 50 hours a week so naps are out of the question for me unfortunately. 

When exactly did you tell your family and friends you were pregnant with #2? I'm a nervous wreck about it (but extremely excited) and I feel the need to tell my mom, but I don't want to tell everyone too soon. I know she wouldn't be able to keep a secret. Last time I got pregnant on the exact same day (I think), my wedding night. This time around it was probably our 1st anniversary. LOL! I couldn't keep the secret for more than a week so I know this time will be hard too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsEllis10:

Thanks a bunch! I was extremely tired over the weekend and napped with my LO every time she napped. Now I know why I was tired. LOL! I was really really sick (24 hours sickness) for the first 14 weeks of my 1st pregnancy. I really hope I don't have that to deal with while caring for an infant. I wish I could nap my entire pregnancy, but I work about 50 hours a week so naps are out of the question for me unfortunately. 

When exactly did you tell your family and friends you were pregnant with #2? I'm a nervous wreck about it (but extremely excited) and I feel the need to tell my mom, but I don't want to tell everyone too soon. I know she wouldn't be able to keep a secret. Last time I got pregnant on the exact same day (I think), my wedding night. This time around it was probably our 1st anniversary. LOL! I couldn't keep the secret for more than a week so I know this time will be hard too.

I waited until 10 weeks. It was father's day (got my BFP on mother's day, lol!). I had an ultrasound and knew baby was ok so I felt comfortable telling people then. It's hard but I like keeping the secret for a little while. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsEllis10:

I hear that miscarriage chances are really high if you get pregnant too quickly after having a baby. Is this a myth?

I have never heard this. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Anway congrats! My first two are a little farther apart than yours will be. They are 14 months apart. Honestly, being pg while caring for a small baby is not that much harder than being pg with no kids. Your baby still naps, so you can rest then. And it's much easier to keep tabs on your baby that barely gets around than on a toddler. As far as carrying the older baby, it really isn't that bad because your body is used to it already. Going up the stairs while carrying your oldest will be more difficult as you get into third tri, but it's definitely doable. I found the transition easy since Iwas still in baby mode when #2 was born, and #1 wasn't old enough to really be jealous. You'll be fine!

• imagemoonfaerie:
    imageMrsEllis10:

I hear that miscarriage chances are really high if you get pregnant too quickly after having a baby. Is this a myth?

I have never heard this. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Anway congrats! My first two are a little farther apart than yours will be. They are 14 months apart. Honestly, being pg while caring for a small baby is not that much harder than being pg with no kids. Your baby still naps, so you can rest then. And it's much easier to keep tabs on your baby that barely gets around than on a toddler. As far as carrying the older baby, it really isn't that bad because your body is used to it already. Going up the stairs while carrying your oldest will be more difficult as you get into third tri, but it's definitely doable. I found the transition easy since Iwas still in baby mode when #2 was born, and #1 wasn't old enough to really be jealous. You'll be fine!

Thanks so much!! 

• Wow, congrats! : )
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat you are! I found out later (at 8 weeks...) and my son was 5 months at the time. He's 6mos. now and I'll be 12 weeks pregnant on Wednesday. Nervousnervousnervous!!! People keep telling me I'll be busy and have my hands full... but a lot of people are saying its easier in ways since you don't have to chase a toddler around and you will still be in "baby-mode." I have come to terms with the fact that two babies will always be difficult and there will be challenges either way.... with an older child it's the challenge of chasing them around, keeping them entertained constantly, worrying about jealousy issues, etc...

In our situation there are still challenges... only different ones. Wishing you the best! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"