Postpartum Depression
Options

Monday Check-In

Hey Ladies,

It's time for our Monday Check-In.  If you are new, go ahead and introduce yourself!  If you aren't, remind us who you are!  Then tell us how your week went.

Questions: I'll do another theme: sleep

Are you sleeping well at night?
If so (lucky!), how old was your sweet babykins when you got to that point?
On a scale of 1(meh)-10(INTENSE), how does lack of sleep affect your PPD?

Is your sweet babykins sleeping well at night and/or during naps?
Did you do any method of sleep training?

How much do you want to hurt people who make dumb jokes about new parents not getting sleep?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Monday Check-In

• Options

I'm Kristen and I appointment myself to be the 'Monday Check-In' lady.  I have an 8 month old daughter who is crawling and just started pulling up on stuff this weekend.  And maybe we have a tooth?  I swear I feel something in there, this time...     I was diagnosed with PPD/PPA around 6 weeks PP and am taking Zoloft.  I went back to work full time at 12 weeks.  My huband has been incredibly supportive.  So have my mom and m-i-l

- I say yes, I am sleeping well at night.  Except for the night sweats.  I don't know why I'm still having them or how to make them stop without freezing out my family.
    - Probably around 5 months is when I really felt I was sleeping like normal (after we stopped the 10:30pm feeding)
    - In the begining, a big fat 10.  That's what really pushed me over the edge.  Now, probably a 5.  I haven't really been in that 'sleep deprived' place in a while. thank goodness

-She does!  God bless her!  She sleeps around 11 hours at night, soundly, most nights.  Daycare has really helped regulate her naps.  She still takes a morning and afternoon, and if it's a work day, she sleeps on the commute home.
    - We used a modified Ferber recommended by our pediatrician at 10 weeks.  It worked and I am so thankful.

- A lot.  It's like making cancer jokes to a cancer patient or 'break a leg' jokes to someone in a cast.  Sure, maybe the first few are funny if they come from that one person who can get away with it, but COME ON.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

Hello, I'm Vicky. I knew I had PPD about a week after Annabel was born. It was really bad so I went on Lexapro right away. It took a little while to kick in and I had to stop breast feeding. I feel much better now and I think the older she gets the better I am handling things.

- I do sleep well at night. Sometimes I wake up and think A is crying but I look at the monitor and she is sound asleep. Also sometimes H comes to bed later than me and waked me up....ugh I want to kill him when he does that.

- I started sleeping better when A was around 7 months.

- 10 for me too. I have always had anxiety and even before baby any lack of sleep caused it to be worse. Luckily I am better now and can tell myself that I am only feeling this way because I haven't gotten sleep.

- A sleeps around 9 to 10 hours a night. She wakes up early though. 6 am and I don't think I will ever get use to that time.

- We did CIO about 2 months ago and it worked amazing. I didn't go into her room in intervals though...that just caused more screaming. My anxiety was horrible leading up to the night I knew we were going to start CIO. Luckily it only took two nights.

- I hate when people say anything like that. I also hate when people look at me like I was just diagnosed with a fatal disease when I tell them I had and still battle PPD sometimes.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi. Im kristine.

Hopefully I wont be "joining" this board. I am due in Jan with #2. However, with my history, it is rather likely. Had PPd with my first, had anxiety disorder and depression before that. long long story, lots of therapy, zoloft and abilify.. you get the picture. I visit this board because I feel that I can help other ladies that are having problems.

How much did I want to hurt people who make dumb jokes about new parents not getting sleep?  I almost decked my grandma for telling me that at 4 months I should just let her cry and get some sleep by ignoring it. does that count?

We used the no cry sleep solution... loosely. Will be modifying things as we go with this little one.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options

I'm Ami, I got diagnosed with PPD about a week and a half after I had my little guy...he's now a month old today officially! Thankfully, we've gotten through the first month, relatively in tact. I'm not doing so hot the last few days. I am wondering if I need an adjustment with my meds, I really feel mentally "off". 

Are you sleeping well at night? No. :(

If so (lucky!), how old was your sweet babykins when you got to that point? Not at that point yet but I appreciate the weekends when my husband takes him during the night and allows me to sleep. 

On a scale of 1(meh)-10(INTENSE), how does lack of sleep affect your PPD? Definitely a 10. Lack of sleep really screws with me. 

Is your sweet babykins sleeping well at night and/or during naps? Not really sleeping so well right now. He's been VERY gassy and that's been challenging trying to help him with that. Gripe water, bicycle legs, patting, different formulas...he doens't get a lot of a relief. 
    Did you do any method of sleep training?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hello, I'm Laura, Eleanor is 10 months old and I was diagnosed with PPD/PPA at 2 weeks postpartum. I'm on zoloft, see a therapist and have a psychiatrist. I also need to exercise regularly to keep myself happy. I work 30 hours/week

Are you sleeping well at night? Yeah, I sleep pretty well, and any not sleeping well has more to do with my anxiety than with my duaghter

If so (lucky!), how old was your sweet babykins when you got to that point? My daughter started sleeping 6+ hours a night at 2 months old. Now she sleeps 12ish hours/night and a couple hour long naps.

On a scale of 1(meh)-10(INTENSE), how does lack of sleep affect your PPD? Probably about 5. Exercise and getting outside have greater impact

Is your sweet babykins sleeping well at night and/or during naps?
    Did you do any method of sleep training? She figured it out herself, but has never been a great napper for us. usually just a few 45 min naps.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    Hi there - I'm new to the check-in :) 1. Unfortunately I'm not sleeping well at night. DD still wakes up every couple of hours to nurse. On the scale I'd say it affects me around a 9. I have Crohn's Disease and get fatigued very easily. I need a lot of rest in order to feel well. I've also been grinding me teeth recently, ugh. 2. DD sleeps ok by herself at night but during the day she wants to be held for her naps. It's tricky. I put get down each time but she wakes up easily and often. Makes it hard to get things done :( I do love the snuggle time though. Love it :) 3. I don't get too upset at the lack of sleep jokes. My family and friends are sweet and very sensitive to my situation so they definitely don't tease me. ETA: I introduced myself a few posts down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"