TTC after 35
Options

Quick Q for those who have done injects/IUIs

My RE isn't having me come in for a 7dpo progesterone test.  Is this unusual?  I've seen ladies on this and other boards refer to having this done.  (I had a 7dpo test as part of a battery of screening tests last year and that number was fine, but I know this test is sometimes -- usually? -- repeated during treatment cycles, too.)  TIA.

Re: Quick Q for those who have done injects/IUIs

• Options
    I never had one done during my IUI/injects cycles, only during prior screening as well. I just take the prometrium for 14 days and then take a pregnancy test.
    ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I was always put on prometrium for all my IUI's after I had low progesterone on the 7dpo test from the first IUI. If you aren't on any p4 automatically, I would think you'd want it to be tested.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrs.McIrish:
    I was always put on prometrium for all my IUI's after I had low progesterone on the 7dpo test from the first IUI. If you aren't on any p4 automatically, I would think you'd want it to be tested.

Thanks, McIrish.  I'm on Crinone (apparently it's my RE's normal protocol for all FSH/IUI cycles).  I guess the theory is that this obviates any need for testing, though I guess I'd be interested in what my blood levels are.  I doubt I'll ask about it this cycle, though I might ask in advance in the likely event that there's a next cycle.  

ETA:  Just added the Crinone to my siggy so my full protocol would be clear.

• Options

imagesolarflare:
    I never had one done during my IUI/injects cycles, only during prior screening as well. I just take the prometrium for 14 days and then take a pregnancy test.

Thanks, solarflare.  This is consistent with what McIrish is saying re: supplementation as well.  I'm on Crinone.

• Options

imagesolarflare:

Same here. I figure my RE is saving me $$ by limiting my visits. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebrooklynesque:

imageMrs.McIrish:

Thanks, McIrish.  I'm on Crinone (apparently it's my RE's normal protocol for all FSH/IUI cycles).  I guess the theory is that this obviates any need for testing, though I guess I'd be interested in what my blood levels are.  I doubt I'll ask about it this cycle, though I might ask in advance in the likely event that there's a next cycle.  

From what I've heard, crinone (or prometrium/endometrim) don't reflect well in your blood test levels for p4 because they are absorbed at the site vaginally versus PIO which will show up in a blood test. I think that is why they don't test-- the level would not be reflective of that fact that you are getting p4 supplements.   That being said, I am asking the RE tomorrow about this since I bled through crinone 4 days before beta on this last IVF. Clearly, I was not getting enough p4 for that to happen. Not that I want to go on PIO if I decide to do IVF again but if I have to in order to make sure I have the correct level, I guess I will have to suck it up..

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagebrooklynesque:

imageMrs.McIrish:

From what I've heard, crinone (or prometrium/endometrim) don't reflect well in your blood test levels for p4 because they are absorbed at the site vaginally versus PIO which will show up in a blood test. I think that is why they don't test-- the level would not be reflective of that fact that you are getting p4 supplements.   That being said, I am asking the RE tomorrow about this since I bled through crinone 4 days before beta on this last IVF. Clearly, I was not getting enough p4 for that to happen. Not that I want to go on PIO if I decide to do IVF again but if I have to in order to make sure I have the correct level, I guess I will have to suck it up..

If I were in your shoes I'd definitely ask about the PIO if you do another IVF (despite the ouch factor) -- early bleeding is no good.   Sad

One of the reasons why I think they sometimes test blood levels after IUIs is to confirm ovulation.  I temp, but lots of women don't -- I wonder if without a 7dpo test the RE might miss issues with O?  I'm sure most women O after trigger, but I've definitely heard of instances where for one reason or another O doesn't occur.  Again, I temp, so I guess this is a theoretical discussion, but I'm always wondering why they do what they do.

ETA:  BTW, McIrish, good luck at your WTF tomorrow.  I hope you get some useful information and reflections from your RE.  Let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"