Military Families

Fort Benning Help? (Long)

Okay so I've been here before with my last pregnancy/miscarriage checking on how Martian Army handled D&Cs (Thank God I didn't need one, I don't like surgery).  Well I'm back with pregnancy number 2!

I'm not sure how to schedule my appointment. If you've ever been you know they make you do an "OB Orientation" then don't see you for a couple more weeks. This is where things went wrong the first time. ER visit, OB orientation (don't want to do that again), when I was supposed to be 12 weeks I FINALLY got an appointment in which I found out my baby didn't have a heard beat and hadn't grown since weeks 6. That's 6 weeks I waited!!

Luckily my OB from that pregnancy became my primary Dr. so hopefully I won't have so many issues but I'm not sure how to set up my appointment. Do I set up as a specialty or can I just use Central Appointments?  If I tell them I got a positive HPT will they make the appointment soon (same day, morning) or will I have to wait like last time?

As you can guess I'm very nervous about this pregnancy so any help with how they're going to do this would be great! I'd like them to put me on high-risk status and monitor me more frequently and closely for the sake of my sanity and the baby's health but I don't want to be treated by any other Dr but my primary. (Bad past experiences, I don't trust the hospital at all). And if I am placed on high risk and he's not my Dr, will I be able to get referred off post? 

Stephanie Lynn 
*BFP3:7/10/14 EDD: 3/19/15--Renley Alexander born 3/12/15!!*
11/17/14-adopted a furbaby named Luna (born 9/05/14)
BFP2: 11/25/11-Aaron Alexander born sleeping at 31 weeks on 05/31/12
BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks
S&A together since 05/14/11

Re: Fort Benning Help? (Long)

• We had a loss there before we had DD too.  You need to call your primary care giver (call central appointments) who will give you times to go get a blood pregnancy test.  They'll give you a slip of paper with a number that you will call 2 hours later and when the test is positive then you'll schedule your appointment.  Even though I've had multiple losses (2 at that point, 1 about a month before my BFP with E) they don't consider you high risk and see you earlier until you've had 3+.  Anyways, they'll schedule you for a paper work appointment at 8 weeks and you still wont see an actual doctor until 12 weeks.  I hated that part but even if you go through your primary care provider on post it's still 12 weeks.  Not sure if you've considered trying to go natural but the midwives there are AMAZING!  I loved them.  I did end up getting en epidural but Nutter still delivered E.  All 3 of them are the nicest ladies. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much. I'm going to try to get through again tomorrow morning and hopefully get everything done early.
    Stephanie Lynn 
    *BFP3:7/10/14 EDD: 3/19/15--Renley Alexander born 3/12/15!!*
    11/17/14-adopted a furbaby named Luna (born 9/05/14)
    BFP2: 11/25/11-Aaron Alexander born sleeping at 31 weeks on 05/31/12
    BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks
    S&A together since 05/14/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"