Secondary IF

Dizzy on Met...

Hi Ladies!

Last week I had a weird episode where I pretty much collapsed - like fainting, except I didn't lose consciousness.  It freaked me out.  I called the RE, and the nurse said I could be having a TIA, or precursor to a stroke.  That freaked me out even more.

All weekend I remained so dizzy I could hardly get up off the couch, let alone do chores or anything fun.  It took me til Saturday to figure out that it could be the Metformin.

I've taken Met before, but only 1000mgs.  This time, I'm taking 1500mgs, extended release.  My pharmacist said I might be hypoglycemic - I drank 10oz of juice and felt a ton better.  I'm not diabetic, all my tests came back fine for insulin, and I keep to a low sugar diet anyway.  To further test my theory, I skipped my Sat night dose, and what do you know - I was fine all Sunday.

So, while I'm still going to get checked out by my PCP regarding the fainting, I think its just an issue I'm having with the Met dose.  Anyone else have an issue like this?

Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: Dizzy on Met...

• I would think that this dosage of met is causing your blood sugar to drop too low.  I have those headaches when I go too long without eating. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I had the same type of issues when I was adjusting to my met dosage.  I am not diabetic or IR, and with my body not used to the met dosage yet, my blood sugar would drop too low periodically.  Once I got adjusted after a couple weeks, it got a lot better.  In the meantime, I would make sure you are eating lots of small snacks throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels consistent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"