VBAC

VBAC after 2 Csections?

I had my son in 2006 with a C section after a failed induction and then twins in Feb 2011 via C Section after my water broke and one was transverse...I am due now in July 2012 and wondering what the odds are of my dr allowing a VBAC attempt...Any experience with this??

Re: VBAC after 2 Csections?

• ACOG supports VBA2C for many women.  There are studies showing that overall it is safe and the risk is low.  However, that is a new recommendation and a lot of doctors have not gotten on board yet.  You will have to ask your doctor if he will be supportive.  You may have to look around and honestly, in some areas it will be hard to find someone who will do VBA2C.  But they are out there.  I hope you can find someone!

https://www.acog.org/from_home/publications/press_releases/nr07-21-10-1.cfm 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know in the Chicagoland area, for example, there are only 2-3 providers that I can think of that do VBA2Cs.  So like Iris said, it's going to be a matter of finding a supportive provider.  Your local ICAN is a good start!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister is an OB and she just had a successful VBA2C. She loved it! I think you just have to find  supportive OB.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Great question. I've had 2 c's and want more than 3 kids... which was my ob's comfort level with c's. So, either he will let me try a VBA2C or I'll find another OB. However... never risking harm to the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just found out about 3 weeks ago that no one in my area will do a VBA2C.

I NEVER knew this. C/s #1 was emergency and I opted for a repeat c/s with #2. Had I known that a VBAC was not an option after that I might have changed my plan for #2. 

(A vaginal birth sorta freaks me out and really, I think I just don't like that it's not an option for me anymore)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"