North Carolina Babies

Potty training -- ear infection

We had been doing the 3-day potty training method and today would have been day 3.  But I think she now has an ear infection and am taking her into the dr.  Should I abandon potty training all together and go back to diapers or try pull ups?  I don't want her to feel like we gave up on potty training with her by going back to diapers. 

If I use pull ups, do you still ask her to let you know if she needs to go to the potty, etc.?  I didn't use pull ups with Natalie so I'm not sure what the best approach is.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Potty training -- ear infection

• I wouldn't go back to diapers.  If you do pull-ups treat them just the same as underwear, she should still be telling you if she needs to go with a pull up on.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, she ended up staying dry in a pull up the whole time we were out at the dr. and at the pharmacy (she does have an ear infection).  She peed in the potty when we got home so I guess we'll keep going with the big girl underwear since she's  holding it anyways and making progress.  Thanks.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is great :)
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • glad u are gonna keep with it. The great thing about an ear infection (well i wouldn't describe anythign related to an ear infection as great but anyways) is that once u get some meds in her she will start feeling better and its at its worst now and she did good that whole time out so i'd say go her!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Poor Claire! Glad you haven't lost your PTing progress - hope she's feeling better soon!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"