May 2011 Moms

6 months after birth, could I have come UNstitched?!

I tore during delivery and was stitched up.  I got back to normal "activities" more than 8 weeks after delivery and felt like I had gotten the "husband stitch" down there.  I told my doctor at my postpartum appointment....or did I go later to discuss it?  Anyway, I didn't want to insult her since she did the stitching but she gave me a topical cream that she said menopausal women use to soften their lady parts when moisture is an issue and the tissue isn't elastic enough for comfort.

Yesterday I was feeling sore after some alone time with hubby.  Later, it felt uncomfortable to wipe, so I used a hand held mirror (isn't that strange to do) and saw TWO parts that were separated where things should not be separated.  It kind of looked like when people cut their tongue into two pieces at the end to look like a snake.  And one half was swollen out of where it normally is.  So my inside bits were on the outside a little.  

I looked again today and the swelling has gone down, but it looks like a bulge or a lump right inside.  My imagination is filling in the blanks and I'm convincing myself that my stitched up area has split. 

Has anyone heard of anything like this?  I'm planning to make an appointment between Christmas and New Years when I'll have off of work.  

Re: 6 months after birth, could I have come UNstitched?!

• I just googled bartholin cysts and it looks different than what I saw in the mirror.  I had never heard of those though, thanks!  They look more like they're near the outside of the vag and my problem is more on the inside, that's swollen to the outside.

This is all pretty graphic, sorry!

• Loading the player...
  • imageLovingEveryDay:

I just googled bartholin cysts and it looks different than what I saw in the mirror.  I had never heard of those though, thanks!  They look more like they're near the outside of the vag and my problem is more on the inside, that's swollen to the outside.

This is all pretty graphic, sorry!

I used to work in an OBGYN clinic, nothing is too graphic anymore lol. I doubt that you came "unstitched" but it could be that intercourse is irritating you somehow. As DH likes to say "use it or lose it" since there's little "using" around here lol.

• I could have written this almost exactly. The same thing happened to me during some alone time. I felt like I ripped again. I called today and they said it was normal for some tearing after non use (I wouldnt consider it non use 2-3 times a week) but they said to let it rest for a few days and make sure to use lube... didnt expect that to happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"