LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend?

What did you do this weekend?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: How was your weekend?

• Friday - both K and I had the day off.  We dropped BabyT*T off at daycare and then ran to Sears to pick up a few sale items.

Saturday - Left DW and DD in bed and met a friend for coffee.  Then the three of us ran errands and took the dogs to the groomer for spa day.

Sunday - K had (has) a bad cold so she stayed on the couch all day.  I took LO to the grocery store and then cleaned the house.  After about 2 hours of trying to get LO to nap (with no success) I packed her up and we headed to the mall to pick up a Christmas present for K.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Friday - I worked, but we got let go about an hour early. I got home to help L in the yard for a few minutes before it got too dark. Had movie night at home.

Saturday - L and the kids got their haircut and then we headed to Hershey. It was a madhouse. We typically go on Mother's Day, when the crowds are minimal and we never wait for anything so it was quite a shock. We ended up riding 3 rides in 5 hrs because the kids did not want to wait for anything. I heard that other dates aren't as crazy - good to know for next year. We opted to drive back home rather than spend $175 for a hotel room. Stopped for dinner and Cracker Barrel and got home at 9 with two asleep kids and 2 exhausted parents.

Sunday - We were up doing yard work by 7:15am (I married a woman who does not believe in being lazy.) We got ready and went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch and to see Santa at the mall (no lines, yay!) Stopped at Wal-mart to get some more Christmas decorations and home to put up decorations and clean out the garage. Both kids were passed out by 7 and L and I watched Horrible Bosses, which was indeed horrible.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We were in Atlanta Wed-Sat for Thanksgiving with the in-laws. Had a really nice visit. I was worried that staying with my SIL and her 3-year-old and 6-week-old would make me dread/fear motherhood, but her children are ridiculous: the 3-year-old is loud and very energetic, but super-polite and good at entertaining himself, and the 6-week-old sleeps 19-20 hours a day and hardly cries. So perhaps instead it gave me a false picture of how "easy" it's going to be to have kids, lol. And the rest of her family was appropriately excited about our pregnancy. We had to correct a few misperceptions, but they have come a long way.

We flew home on Saturday night, and I woke up sick around 2am. I guess it was something I ate on Saturday. I spent all day yesterday in bed or on the couch. Back at work today.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Friday:  Andrea had to work so I took the kids to breakfast at the diner.  Then we mailed our first batch of holiday cards (RB was soooo cute, she'd grab a few, drop them in the mail box then shout down, "Merry Christmas!" - the other ppl at the post office got a huge kick out of her).  And then we spent a couple hours at an indoor play place. Home for lunch and naps.  In the afternoon my mom and brother came over to entertain the kids so I could prep stuff for Daisy's birthday party.

Saturday: Party day!!! In the morning Daisy and I ran around doing last minute errands while DW brought Sprout and RB to chuckie cheese (::shudder::).  After the kids napped, we headed over to the party and had an absolutely wonderful time.  It soooo was awesome, Daisy had the time of her life, and i was thrilled iwth how everything came together.  I've got a bunch of pics on the blog if you'd like more on that :)

Sunday: RELAX! holy cow, what a busy few days.  We stayed in our pjs, worked on potty training RB and put up our tree and other decorations.  Eventually we did venuture out to the park and to get an angel for the top of the tree, but it was generally a very mellow day.

• Friday- We were a little nuts went shopping at midnight.  We dont go hunting big ticket items but we always buy DVDs and Blu Rays on Black Friday.  The one thing we were after is a robe for me.  I have been wanting a non-fleece robe for like a year and they cost a fortune.  We landed a robe at Macy's for 12 bucks...it was originally 80.  I was very excited and FYI Macys is a nice place to go on Black Friday.  They opened at midnight and no one was there.  The rest of the day DW worked on a final project for school and I drug out the holiday decorations.

Saturday- Lazy day at home and a nightime drive for just to get out of the house (and a Latte).  We decorated the whole house and wrapped everything we have purchased to this point.  Then DW told me she was cashing in her change bucket and taking me on random date on Sunday.

Sunday-  Cashed in bucket (100 bucks yay).  The DW took me out to lunch, to Barnes and Noble for a book, the movies (yay Muppets), and finally Menchies (a frozen yogurt place with fat free, no sugar added).  It was a perfect day and I heart  her.  We had a late lunch and lots of snacks so we did breakfast for dinner...plus DW is going kinda nuts for eggs.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • it was good. we went to my ILs' on Wednesday after I got off work and stayed through Friday afternoon. we ate lots of yummy food and they took the boy on his first movie theater experience (I wasn't feeling great so I stayed back and napped).

Saturday we did stuff around the house, I made green bean casserole and deviled eggs to take to my parents' while they set up his new tool bench and played with that and his kitchen in the basement playroom. we headed to my parents' late afternoon and had lots of fun with my family, then had to head home so she could get to work since she was working OT.

yesterday we went to church, then went out for lunch before heading home so she and the boy could nap. then we had a family night out in the evening before she went to work. it was nice.

• Friday: We visited J's grandma's grave in LA, then J went to work.  I dropped A off for the weekend, Iz and I had dinner then bed.

Saturday: We took Iz to get her ears pierced, she was really brave and didn't cry.  We went out for dinner, sushi, and got some Christmas shopping done.  Iz went to bed when we got home while J and I watched a couple DVR'd shows.

Sunday: Low key day, J worked, Iz and I cleaned a little, played outside, read, and napped.  We went Cricut cartridge hunting when J got home, found one and got it for $15 using a coupon!  Picked A up from her grandma's house, came home and put the girls to bed.  I stayed up until 12:30 playing Angry Birds, why did J have to put it on her phone?!?!?

• Friday E came home from her dad's. It was my bday and ended up being a quiet day at home.

Saturday we hung around the house in the morning and baked cupcakes for her dad. In the afternoon we went to see happy feet 2 which was, meh. Afterwards we grabbed dinner and went home so E could see a friend and his mom and I could chat a bit. It ended up being a pretty late night.

Sunday E slept in, yay! She left to go celebrate her dad's bday. The rest of the day for me was mostly lazy. Last night I watched being chaz and the story of jazz (an 11 yo transgender).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"