Single Parents

Visiting LO

In the middle of a divorce and have not been challenged for full legal and physical custody.  I set visitation to be decided by mediation, so right now the only times C's father can see her is if he calls me and I take her to him.  he never calls, and when he does he rarely asks how she's doing; let alone asking to see her.  I made it very clear that as long as he was making the effort I would make sure he had time with her, but he's making NO effort.  Should I just tell him not to bother calling anymore or should I just keep my mouth shut for now?  I'm due for my second kid in February, and my divorce should be finalized in March or April...

Re: Visiting LO

• I wouldn't say anything about it to him, let him call as often as he wants whether it's every day or once a month. If he shows no interest in seeing his daughter it will only reflect badly upon himself versus you telling him not to call. Let him dig his own grave.
  • imageLoveyFNR:
    I wouldn't say anything about it to him, let him call as often as he wants whether it's every day or once a month. If he shows no interest in seeing his daughter it will only reflect badly upon himself versus you telling him not to call. Let him dig his own grave.

i agree. most guys take any chance they can get to play "the victim", so if you tell him not to call, then anyone who will listen, he'll cry to them about how "all he wants to do is see his kid but his child's evil mother refuses to let him". If you say nothing, and he never calls, it's on him. Not you.

ETA: fixed the arrangement of my words. The mother is evil, not the child lo.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"