Attachment Parenting

Update and Question

Finally able to get C to sleep in my bed for naptime.  It's soooo much better than sleeping in the car every day.  She seems to be getting better sleep too so she's happier during the day.

Question though.  I am set to deliver at a hospital that is not the same one I delivered C at.  I know they routinely take the baby out of the room while mom is sleeping to do tests and give baths.  Should I have something written out to specify that I want him in the room with me at all times? I know the stuff they need to do will make him cry, but I'd rather be there with him for those times.  I'm going to be doing this all on my own this time around, so is it worth getting that down and arguing with the nurses who will probably try to take him anyway?  C's hospital didn't do this, so I'm not sure what to think about it.

Re: Update and Question

• Most hospitals try not to take baby away from mom, especially if they know you are BFing but imo it's only necessary to mention you want baby with you at all times when you are being admitted which is when they typically ask you this questions. Some well meaning nurses would ask me "do you want baby in the nursery so you can sleep?" I would say "thanks for asking by I prefer him here with me".
  • We roomed in--meaning that DD never went to the nursery; she slept in my room.

They took her out for tests, but they didn't wait until I was asleep to do so.  They did it during the day and asked/told me what they needed to do.  It seems inevitable that they'll take the baby out for certain tests.  But it's still considered rooming in.

Have you done a tour of the hospital maternity ward?  Maybe you can ask for clarification of the hospital's practices when you do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"