Florida Babies
Options

Moving to Tampa area - Please Help!

Hi all. I'm moving to the Tampa area from the east coast of Florida. I'm looking for recommendations on where to live. My husband will be working downtown and we have an 18-month-old and another one on the way. Looking for family friendly, safe communities that are close to shopping, restaurants, etc.

ANY advice is appreciated!! 

p.s. We are moving in a couple weeks and will be trying to find a house to rent. THANKS!!

Re: Moving to Tampa area - Please Help!

• Options
    I just moved to Brandon in April and I really like it. It's very close to Tampa and downtown but far enough that it's cheaper and family friendly. New Tampa is nice, used to live there, but it would be a longer drive to downtown and it's more expensive. Hope this helps! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hi,

I also moved from the east coast a few years ago and live on Harbour Island.  I love Harbour Island!  I would also check out Palma Ceia or anywhere in the south tampa area.  The schools in south tampa are excellent and there is a lot to do in the area. My daughter goes to pre-school at Hyde Park Day School which I highly recommend.  Overall, south tampa is very family friendly and a great place to live.   I would be happy to help if you need some more if you need any more advice.

Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We live in Palm Harbor, lived here my entire life....we are about 20 minutes away from Tampa in traffic, if you don't want to live directly in Tampa but want a pretty easy commute to Tampa when needed then Palm Harbor and Clearwater area is nice.  A little on the higher cost side compared to less populated areas of Pinellas and Hillsborough but there is a lot to do around here and Doctors/hospitals/services are a dime a dozen here.

Are you guys looking to buy a home or rent?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live in Pasco County, Wesley Chapel to be exact. I work in Tamp and the commute isn't bad because we live right off of 275 and 75. 

The community I live in, Meadow Pointe,  is very family friendly, we have a clubhouse with a pool, playground, tennis courts, etc. There are mommy groups and other social groups as well. The elementary school, middle school, and high school are all in walking distance as well. We have a great outdoor mall that always has activities going on.   

There are houses and town homes (2 and 3 bedrooms) to rent as well as buy. I've lived in the community for 3 years and love it. I think it is worth checking out! :) 

Baby due March 2, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Westchase is great.
  • Options
    I live in Riverview, which is really close to the expressway. I use to work in tampa its about a 20 minute drive. Brandon has alot to offer as far as resturants and shopping. Also, the summerfield area is really getting built up now.
  • Options
    I live in the Wesley Chapel/New Tampa area and moved here from Michigan. We love it here. Been here for almost 5 years. South tampa and west chase are the most expensive parts of town to live. Brandon can be a little pricey too.  If you want to stay away from city traffic but enjoy urban living Wesley Chapel area is a good bet. There is a new open air mall that opened 2-3 years ago (Wiregrass) and is nice and relaxing to be for families. There is also a brand new Hospital being built and opening next year right behind the mall. It's a rapidly growing area and there are also lots of daycares in the area and it's easy access to 275 and 75 for routes into to the city.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I live just north of Westchase in Odessa (the very southern part of Odessa), great schools, great neighborhood! 

• Options
    Westchase/Citrus Park is great!
  • Options
    I live in Channelside and it is a great area! South Tampa Rocks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    New tampa is great but traffic, to me, is completely unbearable. Dont move to any numbered streets. I live in forrest hills and love it, or carrollwood if youre in a position to afford it. Those are both great family neighborhoods. South Tampa is nice, though overpriced and again has ridiculous traffic with narrow roads. As pp said, Brandon is a good area also, and about a 20 minute drive to Tampa, though it has most everything youd need.
  • Options

Living in the area for the past 7 years I recommend, Hyde Park (it has a neighborhood feel very trendy and walkable), also Brandon/Riverview (close to shops), New Tampa, Fish Hawk (amazing schools systems and lovely area this is more south Hillsborough though).

Good Luck!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"