Military Families

Filing a claim for HHG

DH and I just got back from Iraq this week and are unpacking our HHG since they have been delivered from storage. I have noticed that certain items are damaged and I want to file a claim. I have heard that the process of a claim is difficult and I am wondering if any of you have had experience in this area. So far I have found broken mirrors, picture frames, blender and chunks missing from my bed and dresser.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Filing a claim for HHG

• Do it right away.  Take pictures.  Find out how much it will cost and OVER estimate.  We are being screwed over right now. I'm fighting it because the movers don't want to pay for what they broke.  We have before and after pictures.  If you don't get what you want, fight it.  If they don't give me what I want I'm going to keep going up until they pay for the damages.
    Married since 3/20/2010 Expecting Baby #1 on 6/9/2012
  • It's all on this horrible website now. Get started ASAP! Because they will fight you tooth and nail if you go over the allotted time and, for us, the website was always down and malfunctioning and then just plain difficult to navigate so some of our stuff never got on there in time and they didn't care one iota about it being their stupid system and not our laziness or whatever.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMilMom2B:
    It's all on this horrible website now. Get started ASAP! Because they will fight you tooth and nail if you go over the allotted time and, for us, the website was always down and malfunctioning and then just plain difficult to navigate so some of our stuff never got on there in time and they didn't care one iota about it being their stupid system and not our laziness or whatever.

can you send me a link to this website please?Thank you!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:

imageMilMom2B:
    It's all on this horrible website now. Get started ASAP! Because they will fight you tooth and nail if you go over the allotted time and, for us, the website was always down and malfunctioning and then just plain difficult to navigate so some of our stuff never got on there in time and they didn't care one iota about it being their stupid system and not our laziness or whatever.

can you send me a link to this website please?Thank you!

It was over a year ago that we did it so I don't remember the site and don't have access to my paperwork right at this moment, sorry. It should be given to you when you get your instructions for filing the claim...? Also, I hope, for your sake, that the website's bugs have been fixed and it's usability has been improved.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Go to your local Transportation Office. They will be able to give you all the information you will need to file a claim. They also have computers there which will allow you to go to the website (which sucks, and crashes all the time!) GL with everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is a claims office in Legal- they should be able to help you and explain everything.  We got screwed as well.  We settled on a claim, but are going to turn around and sue the moving company for opening the containers without us being there.
  • The website is pretty bad (sorry I don't remember what it was either), but we were reimbursed for everything we asked for. Take pictures of all of the damage. It took a while for us to actually get the money, but definitely estimate on the high end because they aren't just going to offer you more. They sent out an appraiser or inspector (not sure what his actual title was) to determine if the damage could be repaired or if they would have to replace the whole item. For things they couldn't fix we got the value we asked for, which was the cost to replace the item (ex: we got our loveseat free as a hand-me-down, but they damaged it so we got $800 to buy a new one) Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"