Secondary IF
Options

If you use OPKs...

I've mostly been lurking on this board, but don't know where else to post this question.  We've been TTC #2 for 6 months and I've been using OPKs as my former regular cycle has been a bit wonky since the return of AF after BFing.  I've been getting a + anywhere from CD 11 to 13. 

This cycle, I tested from CD 9 - 14 and nada.  I don't know what could have happened.  Last month, as an "experiment"  I got a - in the morning, and then when I tested again in the afternoon, there was the +.  This makes me wonder if I saw a negative this cycle, and then by the time I tested the next morning (24 hours later), I missed the surge? But that's not possible given there is a 48 hour window.  I am totally confused.  We BD starting on CD 9 just in case, but maybe that was too late.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: If you use OPKs...

• Options
    imageStrunella:

I've mostly been lurking on this board, but don't know where else to post this question.  We've been TTC #2 for 6 months and I've been using OPKs as my former regular cycle has been a bit wonky since the return of AF after BFing.  I've been getting a + anywhere from CD 11 to 13. 

This cycle, I tested from CD 9 - 14 and nada.  I don't know what could have happened.  Last month, as an "experiment"  I got a - in the morning, and then when I tested again in the afternoon, there was the +.  This makes me wonder if I saw a negative this cycle, and then by the time I tested the next morning (24 hours later), I missed the surge? But that's not possible given there is a 48 hour window.  I am totally confused.  We BD starting on CD 9 just in case, but maybe that was too late.

Has this happened to anyone else?

What do you mean there is a 48 hour window? Some women's surge lasts less than 24 hours. It typically surges during the day time, so if you tested early in the morning, it might not have surged yet, and by the time you tested the next morning, it could have gone back down again. As long as you were having sex, you be okay. Maybe start testing in the afternoons instead? GL! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I should have said the instructions state the surge occurs approx. 24-36 hours prior to ovulation; once you see the +, have sex within 48 hours.  So, I don't understand how I could have missed the surge when I test every 24 hours, unless as you say, mine was less than 24 hours this month.  I did read not to use FMU, so I test in the late morning now.  Just strange that I usually get a +, though now this is the second cycle I've missed it.  TTC is annoying enough, so I definitely want to make sure that I'm at least having sex at the right time!  Smile  

Thanks for your input!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The surge occurs 24/36 hours before, BUT the surge only lasts a short while.  If I test every 24 hours, I know that an ALMOST positive in the morning will mean that I'll peak in the evening and by next morning, it'll be only ALMOST positive again.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Options
    Lots of people say not to use FMU, but I haven't ever gotten a + with anything BUT FMU.  I just drink too much liquid throughout the day to have a concentrated enough sample at any other time.  Were you getting + with FMU and then once you switched to late morning and then didn't get a +?  Maybe you had the same problem as me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My RE recommends using your second urine before noon.  It works for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"