February 2011 Moms
Options

Question about baby foods

okay so i just recently started DS on the stage 3,crawler foods.

thing is,here at our commisarry they only sell one veggie in this stage and a few fruits.

have any of you just continued with the stage 2 fruits and veggies and mixed in the stage 3 other foods like the meals?

I'm also doing finger foods like green beans,mashed tatoes,different fruits and such

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Question about baby foods

• Options
    We do a combination of stage 2s and stage 3s. If your LO is eating finger foods, I wouldn't see why stage 3s are really necessary.
  • Options
    I would just go to all finger foods. We stopped purees about a month ago and haven't looked back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're done with purees at any stage. Caroline eats all real food now. I don't see why you can't just mix them if that's what you want.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    We're still on all stage 2's at this point. We do give crackers and Cheerios, but no other table foods yet. If I remember correctly, the stage 3 foods are thicker, so I think it would be okay to use a combination of 2's and 3's.

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Alex gets alot of finger foods, but I still use purees as I make most of them myself. He loves oatmeal but will not eat it unless it has some sort of fruit puree in it. I ususally just do blueberries/apples/pears.

I make/made ALOT of butternut squash for the winter and it's already cooked and frozen and I intend on giving it to him even when he's all done with purees. Honestly I actually like eating it this way myself now. Just heat it up and it's so yummy!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"