North Carolina Babies

Birthing Center Rec.

Hi all-

I just moved to NC 6months ago. DH and I just found out we are expecting again!! I have looked up information for REX and Wake -Med (in Cary). Which facility do you suggest for delivery. Any good or bad personal experience?

I have been seen at Blue Ridge OBGYN for post-partum follow up care...since we have a 7months old too. (I think they are associated with REX).

Thanks

Re: Birthing Center Rec.

• I have been going to Blue Ridge since I moved here and have been happy with them.  Dr. Gaines delivered DD#2 and will hopefully deliver DS in March.  (DD#1 was delivered by Dr. Holeimster who is no longer there).  I like Dr. Anya and Dr. Huffman also.

I delivered both girls at Rex and have no compliants.  I had great nurses, found the food to be decent, and found the care for my girls to be great.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've heard great things about Wake Med Cary too. Apparently the new L&D rooms are awesome. I live really close to Wake Med and I considered delivering there, but I'm opting for a birth center birth with midwives instead.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also go to Blue Ridge OBGYN and they only deliver at Rex. I had 2 c/s there and was pleased with both the hospital and the practice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I cant speak to Blue Ridge OBGYN as I go to Atrium OBGYN but I delievered DS at REX and was very happy there. The nurses were great and their food is really good too. I had a C/S and they were very supportive and helpful. I think if u are happy with the OBGYN u are using to stick with them but if u want to start new that will be a different set of questions. Also, REX and Wake Med Cary aren't necessarily too far from each other but a lot of it depends too on where u live. good luck deciding and we are here if u have more questions. But i haven't heard many negative things about either hospital.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone. I live in Holly Springs so Blue Ridge is a little farther away then Wake Med. I do like the Drs I have seen at Blue Ridge. So I may just continue to go there. I am very excited about baby #2-- even though we have a 7month old running around.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Happy Holidays!!!

• I used to use Blue Ridge Ob/Gyn (now I go to Wilkerson Ob/Gyn) and they do deliver at Rex.  I am a Rex Employee (not in the Birthing Center or even in Patient Care for that matter) but I cannot tell you how great the staff is there.  They do a phenomenal job.  They also have a state of the art Special Care Nursery - WakeMed has a fabulous NICU as well, but I don't think WakeMed Cary has one.  So worst case senario, if you delivered at WakeMed Cary your baby might have to be transferred to big WakeMed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"