LGBT Parenting

Baby shower question

My SIL is pregnant and I think I will be the one throwing her a shower - my question is did both moms attend the shower or just the one carrying?

Re: Baby shower question

• It was for both of us. L would have been CRUSHED if it was thrown just for me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Our showers will be for both of us and that's probably the case for them.  But,  every couple is different of course.  You could assume both will be there and just ask a clarifying question like, "any particular shower  games you both like?"....that would cause them to clarify, if for them, only one wants to attends.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not pregnant yet and so I haven't had a baby shower, but I do know some non-carrying moms are (rightly) sensitive about whether they are perceived as the child's "real" mother.  Excluding the non-carrying mom from the baby shower might make her feel like you don't think she's the baby's mom too, so I would be careful about that.

If you think the non-carrying mom might not *want* to go (my wife hates that girly stuff), it's fine to give her the option, but just make sure she knows she is welcome and deserves to be there if she wants to be.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours is in January, and we will both be going.  In addition, it's going to be a both gender party.  Don't really understand having it be for women only--whoever wants to go should go.  Whether it's two men, two women, a woman and man, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be planning our shower and we will both be there. If someone else would of planned it for just my partner i would be really crushed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"