Stay at Home Moms
Options

When DH is home ...

... do you clean/go about your normal day? I HATE cleaning when DH is just sitting around because it makes me feel like hired help. I want to shoo him out just to get something done - and he's only home half of the week. (Yes, it'd be nice if he helped and then we'd both have time to relax on his days off, but that's just not happening right now.)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When DH is home ...

• Options

Well, sort of... we tend to take Emily to the park, zoo or a play place in the mornings, have lunch out together and then, DH & I watch a movie or TV while she naps on Saturdays.  We normally have a babysitter on Saturday nights so DH & I can go out alone.  Saturdays are our "fun" family day and Sunday is when we clean and DH is a HUGE help, doing all our laundry while I clean the bathroom and we both take turns playing with Emily (doing a puzzle or getting out her Crayons). 

He has always been really helpful, domestically speaking and I really really really appreciate that about him so I don't feel like the hired help on weekends, as you put it.  ;)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    depends on what we have planned. DH helps me around the house when he is home or he does yard work. He has his own chores like cleaning the litter box, yard work, house repairs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do go about my normal day, for the most part.  Usually when he's home I'll hole up with my laptop and work on school while he plays/takes care of the bebe, though.  I find that if I'm doing chores it's much easier to get stuff done when he's occupying her time. 

For example, I'll usually wait till he gets home before dealing with the dishes, because Kitten looooves to "help" by pulling herself up on the dishwasher door and playing with the racks, and if you stick her in her jumparoo she just gets pissed off that she can't "help" me.  Eff that, I'll just deal with that stuff when Hubster gets home. 

I don't really do much "cleaning" per se, because we have someone come every other week to deal w/ the dusting and bathrooms and the like.  I'll run the roomba every other day or so, but Kitcat loves to crawl after it so that's entertainment for everyone.

As far as feeling like hired help while he sits around; eh, I feel like he deserves some downtime too.  He's the one that makes the money to make it possible for me to SAH and get my degree. And he does more than what I consider his fair share around here.

• Options
    Not really.  We try to do something fun together if he's home during the day.  He's not home during the week days often.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    I wish! Right now we're mid-move to a new house so things are so chaotic. But when we get back to normal, we actually both clean. We make it fun and actually get a lot accomplished. It helps me keep things neat during the days.?
  • Options
    I do go about my normal routine.  Sometimes he helps, sometimes he just lounges around.  If I'm really stressed, I ask for help and he happily does!
  • Options
    We take turns watching DD and getting stuff done.  If everything that needs to be done can be done while she's napping, it gets done then.  But if there's other stuff - like making her food, then one works and the other watches DD.  DH is a huge help around the house and often doesn't take any breaks, so I can't complain at all.
  • Options
    DH is currently working nights right now, which means he is home early in the morning and goes to bed for the "night" until around 4 or 5:00 pm. At first it was so hard to be quiet and to get normal chores and stuff done during the day, and consequently he would get no sleep. Now I just close the bedroom door and pretend like that room does not exist during the day. But the days he is off we pretty much take turns with household duties and taking care of our son. Depending on the day sometimes I'll take Jake out by myself to give DH some alone free time, and sometimes DH will take Jake out by myself to give me some alone free time. Otherwise, we pretty much do everything together! 
  • Options
    I generally do the same routine, except I know that I relax more when he's home. It's only on the weekends and so it's not all the time. I try to get the house nice and clean before the weekend and then just do dishes and stuff as we dirty them. Otherwise no more real house cleaning gets done until Sunday evening when DH is playing with DS and I try to get the house picked up. SInce it's only been 2 days since Friday when it was really cleaned, it's not that bad. DH does help out with is stuff like yard, garage, but I let him relax too. After all, I get to relax during naps and stuff during the week while he is gone at work all day long. So, I try to let him have some down time too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"