Houston Babies
Options

newborn photo props- what did you use/plan to use?

Been browsing etsy for newborn photo props, but there's so much to choose from. What did you use? Recommend your etsy seller. TIA!

Re: newborn photo props- what did you use/plan to use?

• Options

(I had to go search to see what was out there).

My guess is the main target market for this stuff is photographers. I can't imagine buying a nest just for newborn photos of my baby! If I were doing them myself I'd just use what I had on hand. Blankets, toys, things that make it personal. If I have a pro doing it then I'd expect they'd bring things like that to use for a shoot. 

This said, I fully intend to take Kasey's suggestion and have her put this baby in this yellow pot we found at my FIL's, because it's just cute and I love it. 

Vintage Mid Century Danish Modern Dansk Enamelware <em>Kobenstyle</em> ... 

• Options

We got our photos done by a photographer, she had props so we didn't buy anything...

However we are doing monthly photos, and we brought the elephant one of these: https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/hippo-critter-chairs/?pkey=e|critter+chair|4|best|0|1|24||4&amp;cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

They don't seem to have the elephant anymore, but on the 1st of the month (or around then) (he was born on the 1st) we take a photo of him lying on there (with me standing by to catch!) and we can see how he grows month to month!

But as for other photo props if we were doing them ourselves we'd get a couple of cute hats and Id probably get a bean bag or large cushion or something covered in a blanket....But if you are getting them done professionally the photographer will probably have some... 

Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKaz2009:

We got our photos done by a photographer, she had props so we didn't buy anything...

However we are doing monthly photos, and we brought the elephant one of these: https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/hippo-critter-chairs/?pkey=e|critter+chair|4|best|0|1|24||4&amp;cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

They don't seem to have the elephant anymore, but on the 1st of the month (or around then) (he was born on the 1st) we take a photo of him lying on there (with me standing by to catch!) and we can see how he grows month to month!

But as for other photo props if we were doing them ourselves we'd get a couple of cute hats and Id probably get a bean bag or large cushion or something covered in a blanket....But if you are getting them done professionally the photographer will probably have some... 

We have the hippo critter chair from Pottery barn and I took pictures of him each month for the first few months, then I went back to work and got really lazy/forgetful about it. We still love the chair.

I really wished we would have found it in the budget to hire one of the awesome Nestie photographers. We got a Groupon for one and she wasn't any better than me and didn't bring any props so we used a few blankets from his nursery. It also didn't help that he had horrible reflux and we always crying or spitting up. We didn't get many good newborn pics.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

Usually your photographer will have a lot of those things but if you are looking for something particular you may want to get it.  I love this shop and she is local and i love shopping at local places!!! Plus a lot of her stuff you can use again!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/petitecupcakedesigns?ref=si_shop 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"