Parenting after 35
Options

I braved the Black Friday madness...

And not really intentionally.  I didn't do the midnight thing, but for some reason, I woke up at 5:00 a.m and couldn't get back to sleep.  So off to Toys R Us I went.  The crowd was manageable but most of the toys I was interested in weren't on sale.  I walked out with one toy (50% off), though plenty of others had their carts overflowing.

Then, I hit Target for some odds and ends (including a toy that was not on sale--go figure) and then went to the mall for clothes for DH, DS and myself.  There were some good deals out there, but definitely no reason to be there at midnight!

Any other crazy shoppers out there?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I braved the Black Friday madness...

• Options
    Not me. I woke up at the usual time then turned on the computer and saw this story.
  • Options
    Oh, my.  People are seriously crazy.  Thank God I didn't witness anything like that at all. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You were probably right by me, today. I'm pretty sure that we're in the same county (won't say which one). I stayed FAR away from the mall in my town until dinner time when I splurged (messed up my WW) on Fatburger and a strawberry milkshake.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Yes.  I was up at midnight and hit TRU when they opened at 9 (ended up in line for a bit), Wal-Mart (which was surprisingly quick when you're just getting some Hot Wheels cars and Plax) and Kohl's, which was sheer madness and probably won't do again now they stopped letting people check out with everything at jewelry if you buy jewelry.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Nah, not us.  We woke up at our regular time and went to Target and Ross around 8am.  No lines, no violence, no problemSmile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagerobynlesley:

You were probably right by me, today. I'm pretty sure that we're in the same county (won't say which one). I stayed FAR away from the mall in my town until dinner time when I splurged (messed up my WW) on Fatburger and a strawberry milkshake.

Ha...yes, you know where I was!  It's definitely one-stop shopping there between the mall, Target, Carter's, TRU, Michael's and Pier One all in the same complex. Oooh...and Panera!  Can't forget Panera! 

• Options

imagestever:
    Not me. I woke up at the usual time then turned on the computer and saw this story.

Yikes!!  I prefer to sleep in on Black Friday!!  I don't understand why people would go to jail for a cheap TV instead of just buying one on sale! Good thing you didn't run into any crazy's Strunella!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"