C-sections

Antibiotics C-section

Can anyone tell me if you did not have antibotics for your C-section? I have severe allergies to antibotics and I am afraid if I end up needing a C-section what will happen to me.

Re: Antibiotics C-section

• I did not have any antibiotics after the c/s.  It's possible they put some in my IV during the surgery, but I don't remember being told anything about that. 

Just make sure they know what you are allergic to and they will not give you those meds if you do need antibiotics.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They put them in the IV.  Let them know if you are allergic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had them because I had a fever, so they wanted to be sure I didn't get an infection/kill any infection I already had. I actually had both IV antibiotics and oral ones after I was discharged.  I have a lot of allergies to antibiotics too.  Be sure to give them a good list of everything you can't take.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have antibiotic allergies, too, but I was spiking a fever before surgery and it continued to climb afterwards, so I was pumped full of antibiotics after surgery. If they are aware of your allergies they'll avoid stuff you can't have and unless you have a problem you'll only get a small bit during surgery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"