Georgia Babies
Options

Old Timers...

Today marks the two year anniversary of the day that we lost Shelly. 

I may not be on here much anymore but that doesn't mean that I don't think about all of you.  I'm still not really on speaking terms with the "big guy upstairs" but because of what we all went through together, I still have my faith in humanity. 

I know most of us from that time are friends on Facebook but I just wanted to share my thoughts here too.  I still love all of you and will always be here for you if ever you need me. 

Re: Old Timers...

• Options
    I'm not an old timer and joined this board right around this time two years ago.  Seeing all you ladies rally around her family and support each other is what made me decide to join.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who lost a dear friend that day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was just thinking about little Ella the other day. Wondering what kind of sweet girl she must be growing into. Big hugs to you, Traci. If anything, this is an anniversary to remember what an awesome person Shelly was.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was literally just thinking about her this morning, and thinking that the anniversary must be soon.  I can't believe it's been 2 years.  Big hugs to you, Traci.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I saw on FB this morning and couldn't believe its been 2 years already. I will be thinking of  you and the rest of Shelly's friends and family today.
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Options
    She's been on my mind these past couple days. Hugs to you, Traci.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I can not believe it's been 2-years.  I still remember your post saying "We've lost Shelly" and my heart sinking.

Thank you for reminding us of her anniversary.

And thank you to everyone on here.  You are all real friends. 

• Options

I've been thinking about her this past week, knowing the anniversary was coming up.

{{hugs}} 

• Options
    I can't believe its been 2 years.  I was thinking about her a lot around Halloween.  I know it was one of her favorite holidays. You are in my thoughts.  I hope Ella and Tom are also holding up this time of year.   Lots of love, Traci.  Shelly was lucky to have you for a friend. 
  • Options
    You just made me realize, for a long time, I could not bring myself to "unfriend" Shelly on facebook.  I just realized she's not there any more.  Did Tom finally remove her page?   :(
  • Options
    I've been thinking of you and Kim the past few days.  I'll never forget Shelly's death because it's the same day as Jack's birthday.  I am praying for you two today.  I know that this is an extremely hard day for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies.

Michelle - No.  Her page is still there. I posted on it today.  For some reason, it's hard to search for and it isn't taggable though.  I tried to tag her on my status today but it wouldn't pull it up to tag. It's weird.  Not sure if it's a FB glitch or because her page has been "inactive" for two years.

For those wanting an update - Tom and Ella are very happy.  Tom remarried this past June to a woman who adores Ella.  I believe Tom tells Ella about her mother and I know he took her to visit her today.  If anyone wants a more detailed update, feel free to PM me on here or on FB or via email - tracigator at bellsouth dot net. 

• Options

This is so eerie b/c I had not remembered the exact anniversary, but she suddenly popped into my head just last evening and I couldn't get her out of my mind.  I wondered about Tom and Ella (glad to hear they are doing well).  Then I saw your FB this morning and I felt like something powerful must have laid her on my heart last night.  I can't believe its been 2 years though.  It just doesn't seem possible.

• Options
    It doesn't seem like it's been 2 years! I'm glad Tom and Ella are doing well and that all those who loved Shelly are remembering her today!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    I think about Shelly all the time. I miss her. ((hugs)) Traci

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hugs Traci!! I can't believe it's been 2 years.  How is little Ella doing?
  • Options
    I can't imagine how hard it is for all her friends and loved ones.  It doesn't seem like 2 years could've passed.  Big hugs to you Traci and Kim.  Love you little Ella!  Miss you Shelly!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the reminder. I think of Ella and how she is doing often. I hope they are doing well. Thinking about you and Kim today as you remember your friend. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    (((HUGS))) Traci. Unbelievable that two years have passed! Thanks for the update on Tom and sweet little Ella. I'm glad they are doing well. Shelly was so warm and sweet. She is missed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options

Big Hugs to you.  I can't believe it's been 2 years already.  I hope you are doing well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't believe it has been two years. That just doesn't seem right. I am glad they are doing well and happy. I am sure this time of year is so tough for you guys. Thanks for checking in and giving the update. 
  • Options

I can't believe it's been two years already. Lots of hugs for you Traci, and for Kim. I think I'll always picture her siggy with her, Tom, and Ella at the pumpkin patch when I think of her.  I'm so glad that Ella and Tom are doing well. 

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options
    Thanks for the update on Tom and Ella.  I'm happy to hear they are doing well. It's hard to believe it has already been 2 years.  Hugs to all of you that were so close to her.   
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been thinking about Shelly ever since before Halloween. I always think of her at that time and remember the last picture she posted of her and Ella at the pumpkin patch. I can still see it. I remember how happy she was to get out of the hospital and be able to go with Ella. I'm glad to hear that they are both doing well and that they have a new member of the family. I wish them all the happiness in the world! And I am thinking about you and Kim, I know its a hard time of year for both of you as well.
  • Options

I saw a shooting star the evenign of the day she passed.  Seemed so fitting.

Now every time i see a shooting star, I think of her.

• Options

I saw a shooting star the evening of the day she passed.  Seemed so fitting.

Now every time i see a shooting star, I think of her.

• Options
    imagedbryson:

I can not believe it's been 2-years.  I still remember your post saying "We've lost Shelly" and my heart sinking.

Thank you for reminding us of her anniversary.

And thank you to everyone on here.  You are all real friends. 

I couldn't say it any better than this so am stealing from Danielle...Traci, you and Tom and Ella will be in my thoughts and prayers today and always.  Hoping you're remembering the joys as well as the sorrow of losing her; can't believe it's been 2 years already.  ((hugs))

• Options

Oh Traci, I am so sorry that you have to live with such a gaping hole in your heart.  I lost 2 good friends when I was in high school and I still feel such a sadness from their absence in my life.  It's just so hard to wrap your brain around the fact that life goes on, even without them.  I wonder all the time what their lives would be like today, almost 15 years later.  I don't share that to make you feel worse, but to let you know that I can sympathize with your pain. 

I hope that you are able to come to terms with her death and find some peace with your greiving.  Big hugs to you from me!!

• Options
    I can't believe it has been 2 years already. Big hugs to you and Tom and Ella & the rest of her friends and family. Glad to hear that Tom and Ella are doing well. Thanks for sharing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I can't believe it's been 2 years either.  I'm glad Tom and Ella are doing well.   It's good to hear from you as well!
  • Options
    :( thinking of you and Kim!  Life is just so unfair!  I am glad that Tom and Ella are doing well.  (((hugs)))
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought of sweet Ella a few weeks ago and went to read Shelley's blog. I wondered how they were doing. I am glad Tom and Ella have moved on and still remembering a special lady. Hope all of the family have found some peace.
  • Options

Thanks for posting. I guess I'm an old timer but I'm not on the boards as much as I once was. Ella is in our music class. I nearly fell over when I saw her and Tom walk in. She is the spitting image of Shelly. Such a beautiful and happy little girl. Funny how even after 2 years it breaks your heart to think about.  Good to know that her memory goes on and on.

PS- You know, after all these years,we've never found eachother on Facebook.

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"