VBAC

I'm so excited to vbac!! (hopefully)

The thought of this LO's birth gets me SO EXCITED!! I'm so happy with my midwives and I'm just overall so excited to push this little guy out (hopefully)!! I hope positivity helps?? Part of my though sometimes worries that something "stupid" will keep me from my vbac (like LO is breech or I don't go into labor). If I have to have a C again for health reasons, I of course will do it no question. I just don't want to not have a choice, you know? My midwives will let me go 42 weeks, but won't induce. 

What's everyone doing to try to prepare their bodies? My midwife told me to walk a TON!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I'm so excited to vbac!! (hopefully)

• I'm in a similar situation.  I'm allowed to go as late as possible, so long as everything is healthy.  But my midwife won't induce, and even said no to caster oil...though I may ask her again if I get to 41 weeks.  

To prepare I'm just trying to stay positive, and imaging my placenta moving up (if it's over my scar then it's a big issue), and my uterus being healthy and strong.  I try to go on walks and do yoga, but it's hard to do consistently.  And I know that once it gets snowy/icy it will be even harder to get out on walks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • imagelostaspen:

I'm in a similar situation.  I'm allowed to go as late as possible, so long as everything is healthy.  But my midwife won't induce, and even said no to caster oil...though I may ask her again if I get to 41 weeks.  

To prepare I'm just trying to stay positive, and imaging my placenta moving up (if it's over my scar then it's a big issue), and my uterus being healthy and strong.  I try to go on walks and do yoga, but it's hard to do consistently.  And I know that once it gets snowy/icy it will be even harder to get out on walks.

I got my placenta checked and it's above my scare now...thankfully!

My midwife recommended a video called "Walk Away the Pounds" for when it gets too cold to walk outside anymore. She said it's a workout video where the exercises are very light and easy to do while pregnant and 15mins = walking a mile and 25mins = walking 2 miles. I ordered it on Amazon for $12. I will do that when I don't get time to walk outside or at the mall.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Stay positive ladies! and focused on your goal of a successful VBAC. You can do it!

Yes, staying active helps. I know it is hard as you get bigger but just walking around the house is good. Climb stairs or pace the length of the house while talking on the phone.

Once your labor begins (and it will) that same kind of activity will help bring active labor on and move it along quickly. Don't be in a hurry to get to the hospital (if you are going to one). Stay home until your midwife says "it's time". This way you can continue to move around freely without the fetal monitor and stay comfortable in your own home. That is, by far, the best advice I can give you.   

• imageLuckyBride06:
    imagelostaspen:

I'm in a similar situation.  I'm allowed to go as late as possible, so long as everything is healthy.  But my midwife won't induce, and even said no to caster oil...though I may ask her again if I get to 41 weeks.  

I got my placenta checked and it's above my scare now...thankfully!

My midwife recommended a video called "Walk Away the Pounds" for when it gets too cold to walk outside anymore. She said it's a workout video where the exercises are very light and easy to do while pregnant and 15mins = walking a mile and 25mins = walking 2 miles. I ordered it on Amazon for $12. I will do that when I don't get time to walk outside or at the mall.

Good advice! I have this video...somewhere...I'll have to look for it! It's very low impact.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"