Blended Families

Not sure if I belong here...

Hi there. I am not sure if I belong here, but I'll try. I'm 32, DH is 36, and I have a 12 year old DS from my first marriage. DH and I are currently TTC our first. XH has 2 little boys with his new wife, so DS has 2 brothers. Generally XH and I get along fairly well, but every now and again I am reminded of why we divorced. ;) His wife and I used to get along but there have been certain things that have rocked that boat a little bit.

I just said goodbye to DS last night because he is on his way to XH's for Thanksgiving and will be back Sunday afternoon. I'm feeling a little sad and just felt like posting. Hope you'll have me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not sure if I belong here...

• Welcome.  There is a lot of wisdom here.  I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • You belong, no worries!! Welcome to your "other blended family" Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sure you belong here, and welcome. I'm a bm to a 16yr old and I'm married to a great guy and we have a 4yr old and One due in feb. Me and bf really don't have lots of issues but I still hang out here. I know what you mean about kids leaving you for the holiday. I always feel that missing part of me. When I was single it was even worse b/c the house would be dead quiet.
  • imagemeahganf:
    You belong, no worries!! Welcome to your "other blended family" Big Smile

Yes

• Welcome!  We've heard complaints that the board is too SM-heavy, so it will be nice to have another BM for balance!

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Thanks for such a nice welcome!

I think I will learn a lot from the SM's POV, and I hope I can offer some insight on the BM's side of things.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Welcome to the board =) I've found it to be a very useful resource. I'm a SM to a 2 year old little girl. We would love to see some more people from the opposite side of the spectrum!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"