Baby Showers

Weird or not?

There is a nice restaurant/bar in my town that I think would be nice for a baby shower, however DH thinks that it's awkward to have a baby shower in a bar (even though it is also a restaurant)

Weird or not? 

Re: Weird or not?

• I don't really think it is weird. Mind you I'm not big on those stereotypes or pre-determined ideas people have. So it's a bar? What's the big deal? If I'm having it there, it's because I like it. It's not like the baby is going to gasp and point an accusing finger at you. It doesn't care (as long as you aren't drinking). And like you said, it's a restaurant, too. Almost all restaurants, even family ones have a bar, or sell alcohol. So, really, what's the difference.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Not weird. It would only be weird if you were actually sitting at the bar.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • considering many many many restaurants these days have a bar in them.. I think it sounds nice.

a decent menu, comfy booths, and if the guys come, they can vanish to the bar if it gets to "estrogen crazed."

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • not weird!
  • If the host/ess is paying for everyone's tab, the waitresses are fully dressed, you're not screaming over loud music, everyone is sat together in a somewhat private area and no one is doing body shots off of your pregnant belly, you're probably going to be ok.  If there's a chance that any of these will not happen, I'd skip the bar/restaurant. 

So basically, everyone buying their own wings at hooters during happy hour at the bar seating is out.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I don't see any problem with it at all.

DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • This post makes me feel better.   My FIL is hosting mine (wanted it to be a surprise, but my mother convinced him that would not go over well with me.  It wouldn't have).  It's at a bar/resteraunt(sp?), I've never been too which worried me a little.  Just didn't seem like the right setting to me, but I'm thinking it'll be okay.  Plus my mom said they met and ate there and there's a back room we'll be in.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks Ladies. I knew my husband was just being a fuddy-duddy.
  • No, if it's a resturant that serves alcohol than I don't see it being wierd.....maybe he can be at the bar with the guys while the shower is going on, I think his opinion might change about itWink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I live in a small town and most restaurants are bars!!! I say not weird. Even though you can't drink your guests are going to want to toast!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHappyToBe2012:
    Not weird. It would only be weird if you were actually sitting at the bar.  :)

Or dancing on the bar...drinking.

I see no issue with it at all. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"