Parenting after 35
Options

Anyone else?

Feel like their lives have completely changed and yet DH's has barely changed.  DH is a great father, but I hate hunting season and can't wait for it to be over with.  I feel like my schedule completely revolves around his hunting schedule.  I know he isn't hunting as much as he normally does, but seriously?  I am trying to be supportive of his hobbies but when I can't even get an hour a day to exercise, my patience is wearing thin.  I'm afraid my evil twin will rear her ugly head soon.  I've tried talking to him about it, but in his mind he has sacrificed.  UGH.  Thanks for the vent.
Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else?

• Options
    Oh, my evil twin would have already reared her ugly head! It's an unspoken rule around here that we parent 50/50, which means that until we can BOTH get away from the baby for more than an hour or two at a time, no one gets to be gone for very long. Even though I know DH would love to go on some mountain biking trips, he knows better than to even think about going until next year. That being said, we have had a lot of conversations over the last few months about how hard the drastic change in my life has been on me (including some arguments about it). They'll never truly get it, but we have to speak up or there'll be a lot of resentment, which is never a good thing.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I suggest that you schedule yourself a day of beauty at a loc al spa for next Saturday.  When he gets home from  hunting, let him know that he has the kids all day on Saturday.  If he protests, remind that you've had the kids while he was hunting. 

I would do the same, but I have a business trip in December, and he be on for 4 days straight.  Which means my MIL will be here for 4 days. Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"