Health & Exercise
Options

How are you motivated?

Ladies, how do you get motivated to exercise when you are dealing with all these crazy pg symptoms?? I must admit, I have it easy and don't have too much m/s, but I am soooo tired I can barely get off the couch. Motivate me, please!!!!

Re: How are you motivated?

• Options
    It does get easier. I'm fortunate to always see the same people when I go work out so there's an expectation that I'll show up (at 5:45am!) I found a friend that wanted to go workout and, the more I've gone, the more people I've met. I don't know that I'd be as motivated to do it by myself. My first trimester, I was dragging but pushed through and I definitely felt more energized the days that I started with a workout. Today, I realized that I didn't feel like crying trying on maternity clothes like I did with pregnancy #1 - that alone was enough motivation for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I wish I was motivated.  Once my major fatigue went away around 8-10wks, I was lucky enough to pick up some severe back & sciatic nerve pain...that was around 18 weeks ago.  I'm just now starting to get deperss after going from about 15-20 hrs a week working out to maybe 30min or cardio a week- if lucky.  Grrrrr
    BFP #1 on 2.13.11, MM/C 04.11.11 @ 12W, 1D
    BFP #2 due on 2.17.12 - Happy Birthday Brooks 2.11.12
    BFP #3 on 11.14.12, M/C 12.3.12 @ 7W, 1D
    BFP #4 due 12.11.13- Happy Birthday Taylor @ 34w, 2d
    - 30w+1- pPROM and hospital bed rest till DD comes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Preemie ticker

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This may sound strange but when I really don't feel like working out I just think about Labor and Delivery. I feel like I need to stay in shape so I can make it through! I tell myself that I'm in "training mode".
  • Options

I don't know how motivated it's possible to get up front so I think you just have to find a time - maybe on a weekend so you aren't squeezing it in in between work and dinner and that 8pm-ish bedtime we all know about the first few weeks - and force yourself to do a 30 minute something.  Once you do it a few times, you'll be feeling so much better than you were before you were exercising that that will turn into your motivation.  I've told my husband if I ever try to get out of exercising to remind me how good I feel once I'm done and it's true.  You feel better physically and emotionally - I am proud every time I fit in a yoga class or walk on the treadmill!

I've noticed too that I know a lot of women who are pregnant at the same time and a lot of the symptoms they are are complaining about haven't been any issue for me and I really think it's because of the exercising.  I highly recommend it!

• Options

I was..but now I am 32 weeks..if you think you are uncomfortable now..just wait!  I was doing really well and working out 2-3 times a week at my local gym..but now baby is getting big and I have a lot of aches in weird places.

good luck and keep it up for as long as you can!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"