May 2011 Moms
Options

solids schedule

I am a new board follower on the bump and I have a question I couldn't find on any other boards. We just recently started introducing solids to our 6 month old. So far, she has pretty much told us when she wants to eat, so we have been feeding on demand vs. a feeding schedule. But everything I've been reading has hinted around that since starting soilds we need to establish a schedule. She doesn't have a nap schedule either. The only thing that is scheduled is she usually goes to bed around 6:30 unless we are still out (which is very rare). I like that we aren't chained to a schedule, but would still like to see how well it goes if we do put her on one!

Thanks!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: solids schedule

• Options

I am interested too as we don't really have a schedule except that he eats solids in the morning sometime before he naps and in the afternoon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I offer solids when I'm sitting down at the table for a meal - so on a good day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Other days, it's only once or twice. If I'm eating something he can have, I offer it when I eat out (like today, he tried some Ethiopian bread a friend was serving).

He gets the boob whenever he seems hungry other than that. No schedule. Generally, I try to feed him whenever he wakes up from a nap through the day. He naps when he's tired. That's going back and forth between 2 and 3 naps a day.

I don't think solids has to = schedule. You can always just schedule the solids, the same way you just schedule bedtime (which I get, my guy has erratic naps but goes to bed right around 7 every night).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We are on a very loose schedule.  Bed time is always the same, wake up is always similar.  When he wakes up he gets a bottle.  Then I wait an hour and offer solids.  About 2.5 -3 hours after waking he has another bottle and goes for a nap. The length of naps still varies a lot so the rest of the day sort of depends on that.  I offer him lunch (solids) when I'm eating.  He has a second nap 3ish hours after waking up from his first.  We sometimes offer solids a 3rd time at dinner....depending on when we eat, his mood before bed, etc, etc.  He still has 5-6 bottles a day (8 oz each time).  

We also do a lot of activities, mostly for my sanity.  So those change the routine slightly but in a consistent way, if you know what I mean.  For example, after swimming he's always hungry and tired so he'll have a bottle and nap right after even if he hasn't been up for 3 hours.  I follow his cues.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"