Washington Babies

PG & TTC Check-In 11/21/11

We have 36 Pregnant Bumpies!!  Please reply to the post if you would like your information added to the Check In! Make sure to include your EDD.

STATS:
10 are having GIRLS 

5 are having a BOYS

6 are keeping it a SURPRISE

15 are UNKNOWN just yet

We have 12 ladies TTC

Other News 

Baby Watch This Week! 

Any news from our November mamas?

November 2011

7 ? jenseattle07 ? BOY

26 ? AimeeJo ? GIRL

29 ? NicoleD0516 ? BOY

December 2011

01 ? MissBHaven1024 - GIRL

January 2012

6 ? crystalw13 ? SURPRISE

26 - WatchPot ? BOY

February 2012

2 ? MrsEditorJax - GIRL

8 ? patsad24 - GIRL

09 ? soralette ? SURPRISE

10 ? JessieJH - GIRL

14 ? jennlin ? SURPRISE

17 ? Jess1495 - GIRL

20 ? mommymeg83 ? GIRL

20 ? sweetturnip ? GIRL

20 ? shelleyo17 - GIRL

21 ? cmcmillan ? SURPRISE

March 2012

01 ? MrsSmith717 ? BOY

20 ? Purvalicious ? GIRL

30 ? Chai_Latte ? BOY

April 2012

18 ? greenmtbride ? UNKNOWN

18 ? johlise ? SURPRISE

21 ? shevaCC ? UNKNOWN

26 ? mertense ? UNKNOWN

29 ? heather318 ? UNKNOWN

May 2012

01 ? jacquiekat ? UNKNOWN

01 ? peanutrcr27 ? UNKNOWN

15 ? ash711 ? UNKNOWN

16 ? fyziksgirl ? UNKNOWN

23 ? annarach ? SURPRISE

28 ? Orca11 ? UNKNOWN

30 ? Alli923 ? UNKNOWN

June 2012

01 ? xxblueangelxx ? UNKNOWN

01 ? melvin0808 ? UNKNOWN

01 ? marielovestimothy03 ? UNKNOWN

20 ? kaitlyn77 ? UNKNOWN

30 ? megmacp ? UNKNOWN

Trying to Conceive

dawnies79 ? May 2011

tst1998 ? August 2009

KRoesToes ? December 2008

RJM050705

Kglan

lessthangrace

Armenta08

Stillkelsie

KNemo ? August 2011

Newmommy74 ? October 2011

Theresab ? October 2011

RequiresExalted

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? 

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment?

3. What are you looking forward to this week?

4. Monday confession?

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? -jennlin

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.  Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious

8. Questions for next week?

***When appropriate, please try to answer the TTC questions as it gives the ladies some insight as well!***

TTCing Questions

1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW?

2. What are you looking forward to this week?

3. Monday confession?

4. When do you do your OPK testing? Morming or afternoon? -newmommy74

5. Anyone remember the recommended amount of sleep before temping?  I don't think it will work with E waking up so much, but I wish I could temp to know what is going on. -theresab

6. Questions for next week?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PG & TTC Check-In 11/21/11

• *side note - anybody else notice everyone who KNOWS the sex having a Feb baby is having a girl???  

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  27. Hello 3rd trimester! Heartburn has hit me like a truck

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? 30th. Glucose test

3. What are you looking forward to this week? THANKSGIVING, duh! :) And kicking off the Christmas season!

4. Monday confession? I fell down on the way in today (take the bus & walk a few blocks to office). It's the 3rd time I've fallen in like 2 weeks. Maybe it's my shoes?

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? -jennlin no. not the first time. Just don't eat anything with sugar before.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax What's taboo if you're not pregnant? I guess drinking still since I'll be nursing...so I'll go with I'm gonna drink a bloody mary!

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.  Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious I think that's a common myth. I'm sure being unhealthy doesn't help your chances - just like people who get diabetes due to poor diet. But I know a friend who got it & she's quite healthy & only gained 30lbs during her entire pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemommymeg83:

*side note - anybody else notice everyone who KNOWS the sex having a Feb baby is having a girl???  

Wow! I hadn't noticed that.  

• Loading the player...
  • imagemommymeg83:

*side note - anybody else notice everyone who KNOWS the sex having a Feb baby is having a girl???

i noticed this!!! h and i are hoping girl, but we're pretty sure it's a boy....no idea why, but we're just feelin' boy...but i showed this to him last week, and he said "does that mean we're having a girl?" haha

27 weeks. no new aches or pains..but lots and lots of kicks!

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment?
    GD lab next tuesday, results friday. wish me luck!

MEXICO! in two days!

4. Monday confession?
    i don't know if it's a "confession" since i've been telling the world, but i CANNOT STAND my new SIL.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax
    eat raw oysters!

• TTCing Questions

Just ended the 2WW following our FET. Beta #1 was 102, waiting to make sure beta #2 doubles before I declare myself officially pregnant. I had some wonky HPT results (negative in the morning, positive in the afternoon) so I'm still nervous. Especially after the last c/p

Beta #2 and hopefully some good news

3. Monday confession?

I didn't want to waste money on HPTs this cycle, and I had about a dozen OPKs, so I was taking those every day waiting for it to turn positive (since they will turn positive if your hCG is high enough). Once I got a positive OPK, I went out and bought HPTs. I have peed on a ridiculous number of sticks this month. 

4. When do you do your OPK testing? Morming or afternoon? -newmommy74

Afternoon. I never get a positive OPK in the morning. In fact, I can't get a positive HPT in the morning. Even if it is clearly positive the evening before, the next morning, is almost negative again (HPTs and OPKs). It's weird. So now I just test in the afternoon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JENNLIN- I feel for you on the SIL issue. Mine has been a pain since day one. I'm sad that it didn't get better and that she and I didn't get to have the relationship I'd always wanted (would love to have had a sister).

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 28- nothing new, but the increasing size is getting to me more than I expected.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? My appointment with my midwife is today and includes the GD test.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? I'm looking forward to a short week (only two days at work!) and to seeing my in-laws when we visit California. We're taking a trip to the Getty and I'm excited about that as well.

4. Monday confession? I am bumping WAY to much at work!

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax Drink lots of wine! Exercise a lot more ( I miss it).

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta. Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious

• I wanted to pipe up again on this question:

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta. Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious

I was supposed to have my appointment today and do my GD test, but I just called my mid-wife and they rescheduled me because I'd had sugar during breakfast (test was not untl 5:00). She said that on the day of the test she wanted me to have NO sugar (not even what comes in a package of oatmeal) because it would make me more likely to fail and have to then go on to do the 3 hour test. So- looks like there are ways to have a more accurate test.

• 1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 39.....just bigger than ever!

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Later this week, just another weekly checkup!

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Short work week, Thanksgiving, maybe a baby??

4. Monday confession? Can't concentrate at work at all, feel useless here and at home, just want to lay on the couch!

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? -jennlin Where I go they automatically have you do a 2 hour glucose test b/c so many failed the 1 hour, I passed the 2 hour.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax I'd love to be able to automatically fit into my "old" clothes again but I know that won't happen!  So a pint of beer sounds amazing!

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta. Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious I passed but I've heard you can be healthy and still get it so I was nervous!

• 1. What week are you in? 25 weeks, 4 days. Any new aches or pains?  I'm getting to that point where picking stuff up off the floor is a real PITA.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Uhhhh sometime in December? I have to schedule my GD test.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Ocean Shores getaway with DH this weekend.

4. Monday confession? My classroom is a MESS.

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? Not with DD.  We'll see this time.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? Have a guiness and sleep on my stomach.

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.  Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? N/A

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 17! I'm having a lot of trouble with this not being able to sleep on my back nonsense, and my boobs are STILL sore. Wondering when this will go away....

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? The 28th for a/s. Can't wait!

3. What are you looking forward to this week? The holiday off from work and spending time with family.

4. Monday confession? I would do just about anything not to be at work today.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax Sushi and beer, of course!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJessieJH:

@JENNLIN- I feel for you on the SIL issue. Mine has been a pain since day one. I'm sad that it didn't get better and that she and I didn't get to have the relationship I'd always wanted (would love to have had a sister).

thanks! i've always wanted a sister, too! and i thought with h's sister, i would get the relationship i wanted, but i didn't. so when my brother got married, i thought i could give the SIL thing another go, but this is worse than ever. i have a long-winded vent on TN if you (or anyone) is interested.

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/60447546.aspx

• Hi!  Please add me to the TTC list Big Smile

TTCing Questions

First cycle, waiting to O

Ovulating since we *just* started TTC and starting my new job (just part time, but i'm so ready to be working again!). 

3. Monday confession?

We put up our Christmas lights already, and i've started listening to Christmas music (it's on the radio, so i don't feel too bad).

4. When do you do your OPK testing? Morming or afternoon? -newmommy74

n/a

5. Anyone remember the recommended amount of sleep before temping?  I don't think it will work with E waking up so much, but I wish I could temp to know what is going on. -theresab
    3 hours

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Pregnant Questions1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  22w6d, nothing new.  Just hips and back.  2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? 12/1, routine monthly appt. Though I think its special every time I get to hear her heartbeat :) 3. What are you looking forward to this week? Thanksgiving and having DH home on Friday, even if I have to work.  4. Monday confession? I've recently been watching the awesomely awful teen series Make It or Break It on Netflix.  I should be ashamed but its teen drama and gymnastics!  How can that be a bad thing?  :) 6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax Does it make me a lush to say DRINK?! I don't drink massive amounts, but I do love a glass of wine in the evening a few days a week and I have really missed that.  8. Questions for next week?  Nope.   Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! 
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just found out this morning that we're having a girl!!!!!!!! Could you please update me for next week dawnies? Thank you! 

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 18...all my complaints are headcold related this week, makes pregnancy seem easy =)

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Just had the A/S ultrasound this morning and found out we're having a girl! I meet with my OB on Wednesday, nothing special I don't think.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Two days off from work and cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my brother and SIL. I love holidays!

4. Monday confession? I haven't gotten a thing done yet today, I've been too busy calling/texting family and friends. Tomorrow might be a rough day since I'll have to make up for all this slacking...

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax Eat sushi! Watching DH eat it was more painful than I expected, though I didn't want him to be deprived just bc I'm pregnant. Then I'll have a nice glass of wine.

• Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  Starting 27, 3rd tri.  Bad heartburn this weekend from pizza and lemonade.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Friday. GD test.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Short week for D at work, lots of yummy T-day foods.

4. Monday confession?  I am loving all the holiday treat from TJ's we picked up. They won't last until Christmas.

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? -jennlin Nope not with the boys. Crossing my fingers I dont this week.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax  See my girly parts again? Can't think of anything taboo.

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.  Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious  no help, sorry.

• TTCing Questions

1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW? cycle 4, waiting to O. Things are wacky, 30 day cycle then 23 day cycle. No clue what is up with my body. 

2. What are you looking forward to this week? my husband being home for the long weekend

3. Monday confession?  I have way too much Ben and Jerry's in the freezer.

4. When do you do your OPK testing? Morming or afternoon? -newmommy74 both.  I got a very clear + in the evening the cycle we got pregnant with E.

5. Anyone remember the recommended amount of sleep before temping? I don't think it will work with E waking up so much, but I wish I could temp to know what is going on. -theresab

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• imagedawnies79:
    imagemommymeg83:

Wow! I hadn't noticed that.  

Crazy! Wonder what all the surprises will be!

• imageCDMay2006:

Hi!  Please add me to the TTC list Big Smile

Congrats on starting the TTC process. Welcome! 

• imageshevaCC:
    We just found out this morning that we're having a girl!!!!!!!! Could you please update me for next week dawnies? Thank you! 

Congrats! I'll get you updated.  

• Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? - 17 weeks. Feeling pretty good except some shoulder pain this past week.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? - December 5th. Nothing exciting.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? - Thanksgiving! Its my favorite holiday!

4. Monday confession? - My child is currently boycotting his afternoon nap and I'm letting him whine/cry because I need a break.

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? -jennlin - Nope, I passed with flying colors. I think mine was like 84 and the cut off is 135. So I did great!

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax - I'm not much of a drinker, so that won't be it. So I have no clue really.

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta. Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious - I wasn't the best exerciser and I had quite the sweet tooth and I passed. My sister was the same way and failed. So I have no clue!?

• Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 13, still pukey, nothing else new really.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? I think Dec. 12, just a regular check up.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? I am on vacation the whole week!  Woot!!

4. Monday confession? Lucy is taking the most amazing 3 hr. nap, and I've done nothing productive.  I sat here in silence for awhile, then watched a movie.  It is awesome!

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? No, I've never heard that everybody fails that, not even close.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? Drink A LOT of champagne. (and by A LOT, I'll probably only be able to tolerate like 2 glasses.)

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.  Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? I seem to remember my doc saying that good diet and exercise can influence it but I don't think that is the only factor.

8. Questions for next week? n/a

• 1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? 17 weeks. Just the normal aches and pains 

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Tomorrow! I'm hoping to set up my a/s

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Only having to work until tomorrow! I love being able to have a five day weekend.

4. Monday confession? I left dh with dd so I could go have a girls night tonight.

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? -jennlin Nope but I almost puked up the drink.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax Sushi!

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious

• imagedawnies79:
    imageCDMay2006:
    Hi!  Please add me to the TTC list Big Smile
    Congrats on starting the TTC process. Welcome! 
    Thanks!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • TTCing Questions

1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW? 2 WW

2. What are you looking forward to this week? Taking Coop on a Santa Train trip with my best friend and her 2 kids.

3. Monday confession? Why do you see so many pregnant ladies when you are TTC? Makes me want it even more.

4. When do you do your OPK testing? Morming or afternoon? -newmommy74 My question - and I do afternoons but I must say it is hard not to drink for 2hrs!

5. Anyone remember the recommended amount of sleep before temping? I don't think it will work with E waking up so much, but I wish I could temp to know what is going on. -theresab No help sorry!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • TTCing Questions
    Cycle 10, CD1 coming off a c/p, waiting to O.
    Thanksgiving - especially the mashed potatoes.
    3. Monday confession?  
    I know I should really lose weight before getting KU again, but I just don't have it in me to diet right now.
    4. When do you do your OPK testing? Morming or afternoon? -newmommy74
    I'm no help....  When I first started TTC I always got my +OPK in the afternoons.  This last cycle I caught them with FMU, but I'd been planning to re-test in the afternoon if it was negative.  One cycle I only barely caught the surge right before bed (3rd time that day, and negative the next day).  However, I think it's typically recommended to do it in the afternoon.
    5. Anyone remember the recommended amount of sleep before temping?  I don't think it will work with E waking up so much, but I wish I could temp to know what is going on. -theresab
    At least 3 hours, and ideally at roughly the same time every morning. 
    TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
  • Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  Almost 29 weeks. Feeling really good, but kind of restless at night, tossing and turning.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Next Thursday. It's my first 'two week' checkup. Nothing special though.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Thanksgiving! Other than that, I had to do the 3-hour GD test Monday and am getting a cavity filled today. Thank goodness for Thanksgiving.

4. Monday confession? Nobody is in the office this week, and I'm feeling way way way unproductive.

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? -jennlin Yep. In retrospect, the soy yogurt I ate shortly before is probably what did it. I didn't realize how much sugar was in those!

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? -MrsEditorJax Sleep on my stomach. Oh how I miss that.

8. Questions for next week? When did you have your nursery set up? Whenever I peek at the 3rd Tri board everybody at 28-30 weeks (like me) is going on and on about their finished nursery. We don't have anything for Baby besides a crib... not even a mattress!

***When appropriate, please try to answer the TTC questions as it gives the ladies some insight as well!***

TTCing Questions

4. When do you do your OPK testing? Morming or afternoon? -newmommy74 I always tested in the morning, but the cycle I got pregnant I didn't ever get a positive, so who knows.

Amanda BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whoops. This week has been CRAZY busy, so I haven't had a chance to do the check-in. :)

Pregnant Questions

We're 28w6d today! Nothing new on the aches/pains front -- just more of the same. :)

Well, haha, I had an appointment on 11/21 (I missed my one last Thurs), which featured my RhoGAM shot. WHEE. Next appointment is next week on Thurs -- nothing too special other than asking my OB a bunch of L&D questions!

THANKSGIVING. :D

4. Monday confession?

I've got nothin'.

Yup! Bad idea: Eating pasta for lunch ~2hrs before the test. Don't do that.

Have a cocktail, haha.

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.  Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? -Purvalicious

Not personally, no. Pregnancy naturally causes some glucose intolerance, though -- your baby needs your sugars to be more bioavailable than usual, so your body suppresses some of the insulin response it normally would have. This effect increases the later you go in pregnancy, so make sure to take your GD test as early as possible. :P

TTCing Questions

3 hours. GL!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  I'll be 13 weeks on Friday. I've actually felt pretty good this week, starting to get a bit of energy back and not as sick. Knocking MAJORLY on wood here.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Monday! It'll be my first appointment at this office so I'm excited and anxious.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Thanksgiving and making our big FB & blog announcements soon :)

4. Monday confession? I have serious pregnancy brain. I made it almost all the way to Costco (about 10 minutes from my house) before I realized I forgot to turn my headlights on and it was most definitely dark. Whoops.

5. I hear everybody fails the 1 hour glucose test--did you fail yours? I did with my second, but not with my first. I passed my 3 hour test with #2 though but I'll be super happy if I never have to take that one again. It was brutal.

6. What is the first taboo thing you're going to do once you're not pregnant anymore? Drink hard alcohol. I break a lot of pregnancy rules ;-)

7. With the GD test looming, I'm wondering if there is a correlation between good diet and exercise and avoiding GD or if it?s all based on the placenta.  Has anyone had the experience where they kept up with exercise and ate a pretty clean diet, but got GD anyway? No clue but I definitely admit to not eating well during pregnancy and haven't had GD but a friend of mine who is a super health nut did have it. So I really don't know if it matters of if that was just a weird thing?

8. Questions for next week? Nada

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"