VBAC
Options

what to discuss next Dr visit?

So i mentioned a couple things to my OB last week about birth plan. She completly agrees with the idea of trying VBAC., with the idea of it being natural. She doesnt want induction because of the dangers it can cause for my scar right?

I want to get a solid birth plan with her next week at my 34week visit. What would you ladies put on your list to discuss?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday

Re: what to discuss next Dr visit?

• Options
    What are their plans for you if you go past your due date and what methods can you use to get labor started. I know some offices wont allow pitocin, mine will but not cervidil.  I can go 41 weeks but not 42. I would just find out what their policies are for past due status.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Most midwives and OB's will use pitocin but not stronger forms of induction med's such as vaginally inserted med's. Those are very strong and put great pressure on the uterus.

It's awesome that you are getting prepared for every eventuality but please also consider non-medicinal induction. See if you can find a good prenatal chiropractor. My chiro massaged pressure points in my ears when I was 39 weeks to help induce labor. I went into labor 2 days later. Also, stock your home with all of the home remedies, raspberry tea, castor oil, etc.

And remember that you can do this! Stay positive and focused on your goal of a succesful VBAC.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"