Postpartum Depression

I don't know how to feel anymore.

I am new to the board and just need some sort of support. 

I had an emergency c section on Thursday, November 17th to twin boys who are still in the hospital, I spent 4 days in the hospital where I had nurse to help me in and out of bed and with the pumping when I couldn't reach the pump. I finally came home on Sunday. Ever since I came home I have been feeling like I am a burden to everyone that is living with me and that I lack the support that I really need. I understand that my parents and boyfriend are tired because they spend a week with me in the hospital and they have had to work/do a lot around the house. But I feel like they are sick of having to help me with stuff. It has only been 5 days since my c section and I am not able to do everything on my own. What brought me to the tipping point is the fact that I NEED to get to the store but my parents brought up the fact that it is raining and it takes me sometime to get out of the car because it is a bit high up. And they won't go for me because they are too tired. Same with the hospital. It would be nice to go every day but because of the way that my father said things I feel like even going every other day is still a burden to them because the hospital is about 30 minutes away. I feel like I am just getting in the way and people are sick of doing things for me to help me out. I don't even know what to do. I would do more on my own but it only being day 5 of having surgery, the doctor still wants me to take it easy.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I don't know how to feel anymore.

• 1~ you just had a major abdominal surgery. Your family may be tired, but there are 3? of them to help you. Someone needs to help you with nessessities, 3 people can spread the tasks very well, my mom did it practically alone because my husband had to return to work 3 days after I got home from hospital.

Is the store absolutly required, or could you live without one or two things for a day or two? Make it easier on them, a grocery list of must haves and a list of *sometime soon please?* some groceries are optional.

The hospital to visit your children on the other hand NEEDS to happen. For you and for them mentally and physically.  you are likely not cleared to drive, so they need to help you there. Nessissary, not optional. And they can always tap a nap in the car while you visit your kids if they are really that exhausted.

Do you see where I am going with nessessity Vs optional?

2~ how is your recovery going? For everyone, CS recovery is different, but with meds, pain is managable, and you can do light chores around the home. You should not still be bed ridden unless something odd is going on. Does that mean you can do heavy stuff? no... but you can assist. If someone is making a meal, offer to cut veggies, or just be there to chat. If you are unsure, ask the Dr to define "take it easy."

3~ last but not least, do make sure to say thank you or show gratitude often. I know you are, I am sure you are. I am sure they know how much you appriciate them, but tell them anyway.

Now, about baby blues, and PPD. If you are feeling useless, neglected, unhappy. If you are crying regularly. Tell your Dr. Tell your Family. ASAP. ok?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • I agree with PP. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"