Canada Babies
Options

Remembering Mom

Hey ladies, just having a bit of an emotional day today...

One year ago today, my Mom passed away, somewhat unexpectedly.  She had Multiple Sclerosis, and had been completely dependent on the nursing staff where she lived (in paliative care for 10 years!), but she was doing fairly well most of the time.  She had a great sense of humor, and since my sister and her family had moved back from Edmonton, she had even shown a little improvement in her memory!  But, last year, she had a minor stroke, and her body couldn't cope with it.  I had planned on visiting her with my husband that evening...  We did, but it was to say goodbye...

I am thankful, in a way, that she hasn't had another year of suffering and frustration. But I am sad that she isn't here to see her next grandson be born, or watch him grow.  I'm glad to have been raised by such a strong, intelligent and funny woman, who taught me how to be as strong as she was.  But I'm sad that I can't go tell her the latest set of dirty jokes I've heard lately.

I only got up an hour ago, and I've been trying to, not really keep my mind off of her, but keep myself from getting too emotional...  good luck, pregnant lady!  So, today, I'll be thinking of her while I clean house, and have her favorite meal in her honor tonight for dinner: fried macaroni.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Remembering Mom

• Options

I'm sorry to hear today has been a hard day so far to stand strong, but by the sounds of things, you have alot of wonderful memories to reminisce on. Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman, and I think she has set you up well in life to be as great of a mother to your son to be then she is to you. Just because we loose a loved one, doesn't mean they are gone. They are forever in our hearts.

Stay strong and remember it is totally ok to cry out loud or even laugh out loud. Think of the wonders of life and the gift you were given with this little boy. Your mom is watching over you and in many ways, helping you stay strong.

Share some memories of your mom over her favorite meal. Stay strong mama!  

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012
  • Options

Thanks Frosty!

The really wonderful thing about my son and his grandma...  he was conceived the week of her birthday after she passed.  :)  He is the best gift I've ever received from my Mom, besides her love!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageFirstSchatz:

Thanks Frosty!

The really wonderful thing about my son and his grandma...  he was conceived the week of her birthday after she passed.  :)  He is the best gift I've ever received from my Mom, besides her love!

That's really sweet. And truly one of the greatest memories you could have of your mom. Your little boy may not of known her, but he will get to know her through all the great memories you get to share and the pictures...and no one can ever take those away. 

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"