C-sections
Options

Grateful for c-sections

I know a lot of people are very anxious with the thought of having a c/s. It is a scary thought having surgery for something that your body is supposed to handle on it's own.  But, I am very grateful that the option exists.  My DD was breech and it scares me to think of what could have happened if I had to deliver vaginally. 

No real point to this post, I guess I'm just in spirit of gratefulness.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Grateful for c-sections

• Options
    Yes, when I have feelings of guilt over my c-section, I stop and consider that I should be grateful for the c-section, for my daughter and I would probably be dead without it.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Options

I had my c-section on Tuesday due to a very stalled labor and distress to me.

I cried quite a bit when it became my only option. I spent most of the procedure in a weird haze because I was stunned that an otherwise excellent pregnancy was ending the exact way I didn't want it to end.

Then they saw just how bad things were. Without the c-section I would've probably lost my little girl. She was simply too big, which is why my labor stalled out. My body didn't fail; it actually stopped because it figured out what couldn't be done. Luckily it stopped before things were critical. LO is doing excellent and other than the usual c/s side effects, I'm doing well, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is a hard thing to except. For some crazy reason we think we should just be able to go in there and push out a baby. Not always the case. My son and I would have died had we not taken him C/S. There are some positives to having one they just don't talk about them to offten!?
  • Options
    That's a good way to think about it. It is easy to get wrapped up in what you didn't get to have and forget that c-sections can bring babies into this world that otherwise wouldn't have made it.
  • Options
    I never had any guilt or a hard time accepting my c-section the first time.  It was what needed to be done, and it got my sweet girl here safely.  This time, however, I have had a bit of a hard time realizing that VBAC was not an option for me.  This is a good reminder to be thankful that there is a way for me to deliver babies safely since my body is unable to do it the old fashioned way!  No wonder women used to die in childbirth without these interventions.  Sometimes they are necessary, and it is a wonderful medical advancement that they are available!
  • Options

imageanchalmasako:
    Yes, when I have feelings of guilt over my c-section, I stop and consider that I should be grateful for the c-section, for my daughter and I would probably be dead without it.

This is ditto for me. Placenta previa could have caused a very unhappy ending if we hadn't had the option in this day and age for c-section deliveries. Women have to step back and realize that infant/mother fatalities have drastically been reduced because of all of the technological advances in the medical world! Don't be hard on yourself for not getting a vaginal delivery, be thankful!

• Options
    Me too!Big Smile Last two times I dreaded labor, but this time since I have already had 1, they are letting me decide if I want another and I couldn't be happier! No labor anxiety. Of course I will be a lil nervous a week or so before but I know there won't be labor or tearing. That put's my mind at ease and it's one less thing to stress about:)
  • Options

imagemomhardy:
    It is a hard thing to except. For some crazy reason we think we should just be able to go in there and push out a baby. Not always the case. My son and I would have died had we not taken him C/S. There are some positives to having one they just don't talk about them to offten!?

I agree! I'm so glad there are understanding women on this board! :)

• Options
    As much as I didn't love my c section, I'm so thankful that it was available. I had complete placenta previa and a vaginal birth would most likely have ended very badly. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After my csection I felt like a failure. My DDs heartrate dropped and she may not be here if it wasn't for a csection. When I get upset I just try to think of how I could of went home empty handed I become grateful. I just can imagine my life without her.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Options

imageangie9661:
    My baby's heart rate kept dropping a lot every time I had a contraction, so yes, I am grateful.

This plus compound presentation meant my third baby was born through emergency c-section.   It was scary seeing my baby's heart rate drop to 40 bpm and not rebound.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so grateful that my OB didn't wait around to decide to give me my first c/s. It was a little nerve-racking and unplanned but it was the best and really my only option of delivering her alive. Sometimes it really is the only way. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • Options
    I had no choice due to pre-e. I'm just glad that he arrived without complications
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Me too. I ended up having to have DS unplanned/emergency c-section, and it ended up being a positive experience. He is now almost about to turn 4! DD will have to be c-section too, because I had DS that way, and also because I have total placenta previa. It scares me to think of how dangerous it would be for me and DD if I had to do it vaginally.
    Our wonderful baby boy, Kellen, was born on 12/27/07imageIAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same way about mine :o)
  • Options
    Agreed.  Yes I am scared to think what would have happened if DD1 wasn't born via c/s. 
  • Options
    imagesarahjames9:

imageanchalmasako:

This is ditto for me. Placenta previa could have caused a very unhappy ending if we hadn't had the option in this day and age for c-section deliveries. Women have to step back and realize that infant/mother fatalities have drastically been reduced because of all of the technological advances in the medical world! Don't be hard on yourself for not getting a vaginal delivery, be thankful!

Ditto this word for word.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"