April 2011 Moms
Options

Finger Foods

I see all these posts about finger foods that consists of sooo much stuff. I have a 7 month old and I have only tried puffs that are broken into little pieces because im so scared that they will choke.

Any and all suggestions on how you introduced this to your LO is accepted!! I want to know the secret haha :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Finger Foods

• Options

All babies with gag a little- it's how they learn. Just be prepared for it. (and yes, it's totally fine to freak out the first time it happens)

I started with cooled cooked apples and bananas. I already knew he liked them pureed and they mush really well. It makes a mess of course, but it's good practice.

• Options
    LO LOVES the puffs, so he gets those alot. I've done apples (cooked and raw), small bits of banana, and cooked pasta noodles.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have done puffs, mum-mums (they are awesome if you haven't tried them yet) Yogurt drops (broken in half), banana, shredded cheese, bread (lots of varieties), pasta, scrambled eggs (we took our chances with allergies and it was fine) and cooked broccoli. 

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"